Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: check out these clips

His free clips on his site aren't very impressive though. How many times do we have to look at a guy doing forms or push hands? At least the other guy did sparring.

Dre_DoggX, that was fvcking beautiful.

the larger man looks a bit overweight and puffed

i dont think id wanna see him in a fight where the other guy made him move around a lot

(you get tired twice as fast in fights because of the adrenaline)

i couldnt see any reason why jabbing him to the face to upset his game wouldnt work, hes fast but not that fast
    Use attack as your indestructable spirit

RAF,

I suppose I could qualify my prior remarks with the fact that we don't see the Yang Cheng Fu system as a non fighting system but it is certainly seen as a far more health oriented system than the straight out Old Yang Style that we practice.

So when taken in context of the comparison within Erle's sytem it makes sense from the schools perspective because the Old Yang style is so much more dynamic than the Cheng Fu system when performed as a combat form. I can't speak for Erle and I have no desire to be spokesman for the system.

I have trained in the system and actually do not formally train within the school these days but I train alone with some buddies who are on a similar personal journey to me. I think very highly of the Yang Cheng Fu long forms and practice them more often than any other form. I can see the martial applications in the Yang Cheng Fu forms and I also see the applications that were either changed, removed or watered down, depending on your perspective, which differentiates one from the other.

There are certainly moves in the Old Yang that are clearly more martial and pragmatic than the YCF forms but I have no beef with schools teaching Cheng Fu as a martial art, not at all. More power to any Taiji school teaching applications and balancing the energies.

Best, Syd
    I am Jacks Dan Tien

"The last sound he made was like a sparrow whistling"

Hey Syd:

I think you and I had a similar conversation a couple months back and I really don't want to get into the EM arguemnts. Most of this has been said before and in the end people only end up feeling shytty.

If you don't mind, I'll remove my post.

Good luck in your training.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

Hey RAF,

Whatever you need to do my friend. I wasn't offended by anything you said and I took it all in my stride. I did not percieve this to be an attack on Erle, afterall I am not his defender either, I only speak from what I know and what I have learned, but my own personal journey should not be confused with Erles either.

Erle teaches Yang Cheng Fu's 108 long form as the first thing you learn in his system and there is always a great respect for it by all students of the system.

Best to you and good luck with your own endeavours also.

Syd
    I am Jacks Dan Tien

"The last sound he made was like a sparrow whistling"