Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what do you study?

When not on the gimp, I study Isshinryu Karate (OMA).

Plan on working in a smidgen of Hsing I and Chuka Shaolin once I'm back in the game.

Also I am an avid student of Tekken. I can rock and roll in the Mishima family style of Japanese Budo, and do not suck at Okinawan Karate under the tutelage of Jin Kazama.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

j'etudient francais!
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Moi aussi(sp)
    I will crush my enemies, see them driven before me, then hit their wimminz with a Tony Danza. - Vash

Currently, I study Ryukyu Kempo and submission wrestling. In the past I studied TKD, kickboxing, Hung Gar and a little judo and arnis.
    Big egos are fragile.

Where the violent see only violence, the skillfull can see skill.

"You cannot solve a problem with the same level of thinking that existed when it was created." Albert Einstein

Wing chun kung fu, Wong Shun Leung linea... way.
    FACT OF THE DAY: Chuck Norris isn’t lactose intolerant. He just doesn’t put up with lactose’s sh!t.

Shaolin-Do
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Shin Budo Kai Aikido for the last 3 years. San Shou, modern wushu, and traditional wushu before that.

shaolin and eagle claw kung fu
    the shaolin involes chan chuan, nan chuan, and cannon.

Mizong Quan now for last (almost 5 years)

muay thai, kick-boxing, kick-jitsu, and various short term stints in sourth CMA styles and karate and taekwondo

just the mizgon now as I found one of the last 'gems' when it comes to TCMA teachers, plus the style is so big will be learning forever!
    I think, therefore I am awake!

It's easier to learn to do it now and maintain it in old age than to try and learn it in old age.

The world is my oyster.....Unfortunately I'm vegtarian.

tkd base, aikdo, wrestling, various boxing styles, wing chun pole, dim mak, loving all ima, studing aspects of shaolin kf, ninjitsu, chen taiji, wu taiji, ...does yoga count ? expert in none...may even have a few other sets from other systems..but I'm good with what I have eclectically...for now....

k, besides french...

I am currently learning Wing chun and am re-learning Yang Tai Chi.

The former because I like it's simplicity and my friend happens to know the forms.

The latter because I first learned it when I was a whelp, got interested in Karate, tae kwon do, boxing and finally kungfu and in that cycle, lost touch with it.

so, it was time to revisit Yang tai chi and that's the long and short of it it...pun fully intended, thank you.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Began in Judo & Jiu jitsu as a kid.
    Was an amateur boxer from 8th grade through high school.
    Learned and taught hand to hand combat (O'neal system) in the Army.
    Also during Army days: Northern Shaolin, Wing Chun, Shotokan Karate, Full Contact Karate, San Da.
    Post Army: Attained Black Belt in Shotokan. Continued in Shaolin & San Da. Trained in Renbukan Karate.
    These days: What I've always REALLY wanted to do...Shen Lung Hsing-I and Gao style Bagua (FINALLY!).

Me? I don't train in anything. I'm a fat hairless teenager with skin problems.

Yesterday, I dreamed I had the powers of Green Lantern, Superman and the Flash combined. Then Wonder Woman liked me and I got to do her.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Yesterday, I dreamed I had the powers of Green Lantern, Superman and the Flash combined. Then Wonder Woman liked me and I got to do her.
    That was no dream and tell Ap I want my Wonder Woman costume back after he cleans it.

Currently I'm doing a malenge of traditional karate and combatives just because I enjoy it.
    Last edited by rogue; 01-17-2004 at 08:27 AM.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

Ouch
    I have a signature.