Thread: A Family Legacy of Drunken Kung Fu

A Family Legacy of Drunken Kung Fu

Recently, I was visited by a few martial artist in the bay area who questioned my system of Eight Immortals Kung Fu and the authenticity of my Sifu Lau Yee Chan, this however isn't bothersome because actually I am summoned by emails from all over the world on a daily basis concerning this style of kung fu. I have gainfully omitted my background as well as my Sifu's history to those who wanted to know. I must admit though my words can be harsh when I am confronted by those who choose not to research their facts and present me with their modern wu shu drunken boxing which in my opinion is nothing more than a gymnast and a tumbler having no real martial fighting technique.
    I am often told about various forms of drunken boxing like, choy lee fut, hung gar, mantis, eagles claw and modern day wu shu. This I say is fine and dandy however the difference between our styles is for example drunken boxing in choy lee fut is based upon the movements of the core skills and principles of choy lee fut, this I know because I have a rather extensive background in this style, yet eight immortals system was developed in its fashion from the beginning. Also to point out eight immortals style is begun with chi gong exercises staying within the curriculum of real internal development, before advancing to techniques of weight control before advancing to locking and seizing skills of our style which in part introduces to the student usage of the famed cup hand techniques, before actually learning boxing and weaponry based upon one under the influence of alcohol. Our style is taught in a progression manner, no student of this kung fu will escape the foundation training of the eight immortals style because this is where core principles are understood. In closing I'd like to say, if my fellow martial artist want to start a dialogue
    concerning martial arts thats fine, there will be a difference of opinions, however I am not trying to convince you of what I have and so you don't try as well, but if we exchange theroies and concepts for the advancement of our knowledge and skills then no one is at fault and we all win.

Troy Dunwood
    Lau Family Drunken Eight Immortals Style
    Ying Hung Martial Arts Association

I'd completely forgot about this thread.

So, any news on when those videos should be done?
    Last edited by Vash; 02-05-2004 at 08:51 PM.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

ttt
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.