Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Challenge Match Stories

Karma seems to bare its ugly face in the long run...His jaw was wired shut for 2 months. Which had nothing to do with my roommate, just karma catching up.
    Was the guy's name Kanye by any chance?

The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

Well technically this is not really a challange story, but...

One of the guys I train with just happens to be my roomate. We train wing chun and taiji together. We were having a discussion about ground fighting while we were sparring in our living room. He told me he had been watching my ground fighting techniques in class and thinks that he could get out of them effortlessly.

We start sparring for real and I eventually take him down to the ground, lock him in a scissored arm bar. He tries to get out of it, and I clinch it decently hard, and he taps out pretty quickly.

I have had drunks try to fight me at bars, but those are not that great of stories.

Originally posted by Gangsterfist
    I have had drunks try to fight me at bars, but those are not that great of stories.
    Did you went ahead and smacked them around anyway?

Originally posted by Ren Blade

Did you went ahead and smacked them around anyway?
    No, usually I just ignore them. I see it as karma for all the stupid things I have done when I was drunk in the past. If they swing at me I will defend myself, and I will hurt them, but other than that I would rather just walk away.

Oh, I thought when you said:
    Originally posted by Gangsterfist
    I thought they had already swung at you already and you took care of it. I understand about just walking away if they haven't made a move.

A couple of times they got too fresh with me and I usually just use chin na and let the door man handle the rest. Bouncers get paid to kick them out not me.

Better not to fight though IMO, better to let the bouncer kick them out.

Last summer I walkied into a store called Wizards or the Coast. There was a bunch of people there. Then this punk kid says I did something to his brother and challenges me in front of everyone in the store. He was about 16 but taller than me (I'm only 5'6). He got all up in my face practically spitting on me. My anger got the best of me and I told him to bring it. At that point a crowd had gathered around us. I thought the store owners were gonna call the cops. The kid kept shootin off at the mouth, said he had an electrode and that he was gonna use it, and he did.
    he never shoulda done that, cuz then I evolved my Pikachu to a Raichu and crushed the rest of his bench with Thunderbolts. My pokemon owned his weak pokemon, his pokejitsu was weak.

Enough of the geeky ****.

Or I'll have another challenge match to post on this mufuka.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Many challenge match videos are available at bullshido.com

The best are usually unrecorded...well, unless you catch a "big fish" story.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Was the guy's name Kanye by any chance?
    Hah!

No, his name was Big Mouth and he ate a boot sandwich.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I was in a streetfight (actually a snowball fight) the other night. The MMA peeps will be happy to note that it went to the ground. It started long range and got shorter and shorter until my oppenent shot for my waist and I grabbed him as I went down.

Anyway, I've heard that most snowball fights end up on the ground, so I should really spend more time working on my snow ground game.

I won the fight, but my opponent was slightly more drunk than me, so I'm not sure if it counts.
    The cinnabun palm is deadly, especially when combined with the tomato kick. - TenTigers

*bzzzzzzt*

sorry, pummeling drunks is sanctioned under domestic violence (which will soon have a thread, considering everyone and their mom has pummeled a drunk) not under challenge matches.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Friday my friend and "blood brother" challenged me to show me how much tang soo do was than my"watered down kung-fu". We train together all the time but, he does this in front of our girls (whom weve only dated for about a month). Well I get into everso familiar half horse stance. He steps into some wierd fist up in the air type fighting stance. Then like the snow bough thats to heavy for a twig we snapped. he threw a left hook and i grabbed an continued the blow into it's direction with my left. what i thought was going to be right backhand strike to his face turned into hurting hand. When i was swinging that fist he was raising his for me to hit it. And i did right on the knuckles. I didn't know that nobody else saw it but him and I. everyone thought that I hit him in the face and hurt my hand on his face. We kept it that way we both got out of that one dignity instead of him letting me take the full brunt of the embarassment then. My girl gave me a hand massage for the rest of that day, one benifit.
    Style is only defined by the limitations of a system of fighting and defending. So when in medatation ask yourself not "what are the weaknesses of thine enemy" but rather so what are your own weaknesses

Yeah, so I go to dinner at IHOP and some guy looks at me. So I grab him by the throat, scream gibberish in his face, and twist his head off like a barbie doll. Then I ate dinner with his wife by the light of his burning corpse.

sorry, too much violence on TV.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest