Thread: Grandmaster Sun De Long in NYC

Post Grandmaster Sun De Long in NYC

Hello Mantis friends!
    Good News for those that can make it to NY March 20-21. Grandmaster Sun De Long, President of the Hao Bin Boxing Association in Shandong, Qingdao and older brother of GM Sun De Yao has made his very first trip to America and will teach a seminar here in NY at this time. Each day is from 11AM to 3PM and the location is EMEI Acupuncture 98-12 Astoria Blvd, East Elmhurst, Queens. Day one is Zhai Yao form and second day is Plum Blossom Staff (Mei Hua Tanglang Quen Yan Guin). GM Sun De Long has over 50 years experience in Mantis, and has many gold medals from Qingdao in forms and weapons. This is the first time Hao style Plum Blossom Staff has ever been taught in the US . Since the date is so close, we're going to give a break in the price. Both days are only $160 and one day is $90. For those that are interested, please give me an email at dachengdao@yahoo.com
    or call me at 646-279-1428.
    Thanks!
    Wang Rengang

Master Sun De Long is Master Sun De Yao's older brother.

There is no direct link to their lineage but you can go to the following:

http://www.wutangcenter.com/wt/index.html

Masters--->Sun De Yao--->lineage

Master Sun De Long has been visiting (his brother, Sun De Yao is currently with us) at our Center for awhile and for those of you interested in the authentic taiji meihua tanglangquan its a seminar well worth your money.

Also if anyone is interested in sponsoring Master Sun De Yao for seminars, please contact us at the center. A lot of people have really enjoyed his two hand tanglangquan sword among other material.
    "Its better to build bridges rather than dig holes but occasionally you have to dig a few holes to build the foundation of a strong bridge."

"Traditional Northern Chinese Martial Arts are all Sons of the Same Mother," Liu Yun Qiao

The Sun Brother's lineage

Hi Dr. Bob,
    Thanks for your post! The Sun brothers are listed on the Mantis Cave in the Taji Mei Hua Tanglang section, but their teacher is listed wrong (I forgot what the name is, but it should be "Hao Bin"). We'll get a picture of the elder Sun for Fernando to put up as well as an updated one for Sun De Yao. I like that picture you guys put of him on your website. Since Sun De Yao is willing to travel to do seminars, I hope people will take advantage of this opportunity. You don't have to be a professional promoter to bring out a master, and you generally don't have to pay anything out of pocket. You just have to get a group of players together, find some cheap (or free) space, and contact the master to make arrangements. Some masters want their airfare and hotel paid up front as well as a guaranteed minimum. A lot of us, though, don't care so much about the money just so we have the opportunity to spread our art. Don't get me wrong, we do have to eat...and most of us can't afford the trip if there's not enough attendees to cover expenses. Tanglangbaji from this board contacted me two years ago to go out to New Mexico and I've been going ever since. I originally only wanted to teach Dachengquan seminars, but when you see someone like Jake who has a true love and passion for Mantis, it kind of restores your faith about the future of kung fu in America. In the big cities like NY where Masters are a dime a dozen, it's nice to go out to smaller places off the beaten track where you will be truly appreciated. There was a student who won a medal at Tony Yang's Hall of Fame tournament performing a form he learned from Sun De Yao's seminar last year, and Master Sun was so proud! This was truly worth more than all the money in the world!So I say all this to put the idea into people's mind that it is not so difficult to bring traditional kung fu to your own area, you just have to have the heart to do it.
    Wang