Thread: Mantis Top Level

Cool Mantis Top Level

Hey,

Forgive my if this is a really stupid question, but what is the highest level of mantis kung fu? What is the final piece of training that all mantis people aspire to learn?

Any info would be great!

many thanks

S
    Black Mantis

Living to an old age. The training never really ends.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

My 2 cents for Blackmantis' Question

Good reply, Beitanglang! That is very true! I have to say now I am studying more than before. In my younger days it was all physical study. Now I've added books, vcd's, and documents to my studies. Not just mantis, but all the kung fu...healing too, art, music, and caligraphy. There is no end point to any style. First of all is the basics. Not too many people can master these, so their whole martial arts career is stuck in the beginning. Some people blame the masters for being secretive and holding back info, but without the mastery of the basics you simply can't go further. When a student begins to excell, the master then adds to it. If the student is outstanding and demonstrates true wude not only in their kung fu but in their daily actions and attitude, then they may be considered for discipleships. Disciples get most of the teachings. The master who is the lineage holder will look to his disciples to find the one person who is most likely to surpass the master...the person with the best chance to take the style even higher. This person will be the lineage holder upon the death of the master. Traditionally lineage is passed down to the first son who is able to excell in the teachings, but in these modern times the masters' children are becoming more independant and you see more and more lineage holders who are outside the family. Or sometimes the children just can't achieve the level necessary and the master has to make the hard decision to pass them up in favor of doing what's best for the prosperity of his style. Hope this sheds some light on your question.
    Wang

I would have to say the highest level of any martial art would be to move with instinct. If you can move before you think this would be to me the highest level. To move with YI......................
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Sup Earthdragon? Where've ya been? What happened? Are you back in Buffalo yet?

the highest form of mantis is to leanr to rip arms off and drink blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

Drunken dragon, yes I'm back, looking fo rsome mat time in the area check your private message talk to you soon
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."