Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Golden Snake?

Originally posted by Brad
    Ng is pronounced ing(as in runing) or Wu(Mandarin). All my friends named Ng pronounce it the first way.
    brad, it's runN ing (2 N's)

my friend alex ng pronounces his name "ing".

wu style taichichuan is also called "ng style" in Guandong China and Hong Kong and most places where Cantonese is spoken. But in Mandarin, it is Wu.

cheers
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Shane
    Fu-Pow - I am not certain that you were saying that the Southern Golden Snake system that we teach is a farce or not, but I can see how your post could be taken as such. Thus, I am going to offer a few methods to verify the authenticity of our system. As a general rule, I do not do this, but since I stated earlier I would respond to messages on this thread, I will. Other avenues and methods exist to accomplish this same task, but I will leave it to those who seek knowledge to search them out.

Dr. Yang, Jwing-Ming would certainly vouch for Dr. Ng's system. They are colleagues and have given demo's together as early as the 1980's. I have some pics of them together, but they are from magazines and I am not sure they can be published here. If you are interested I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be a problem with me attaching them to an email. Eric Lee is also a friend of Dr. Ng's, and visited his school occasionally when Dr. Ng taught openly. Pics of them together are available on the web. Grandmaster Chan Pui is also an acquaintance of Dr. Ng's and I imagine he too would speak for the authenticity of our system. I think I have a pic of Grandmaster Chan, Dr. Ng, and Moy Yat, but I am not sure. As I said, other avenues exist for discovery, but these are a good starting place. Due to the nature of the individuals mentioned, it might be difficult to speak with them, but I promise that it is not impossible. Besides, knowledge is most prized when true effort is put into the search for it.

Also, I would like to point out that our SYSTEM is Ng Family Kung Fu. The Southern Golden Snake is a style within the system. Often we use the terms interchangeably, I do it myself as much as anyone, but I wanted to note here that we do not advertise to teach Southern Golden Snake (actually we don't advertise at all, at least I and my teacher do not) but, again, to teach Ng Family Kung Fu.

Thank you.

Shane Bryant

Shane-

Sorry if my post was offensive. I'm a bit skeptical of kung fu styles I have not heard of before and especially after all the debating about Shaolin Do.

Yang, Jwing Ming, Eric Lee and Chan Pui are all well respected martial artists. Chan Pui was a friend of my late Si Gung, Lee Koon Hung. If they truly vouch for your system then I am a lot less skeptical.

However, I did see the article in Inside Kung Fu Magazine and I did not think it was a very good article. The accompanying pictures were kind of silly and did not cast your art in a very good light. I might suggest in future articles that you take things more seriously as they will published in nationally distributed magazine.

Ng Family

Fu-Pow I have seen a picture of your Si Gung Lee Koon Hung with my teacher Dr. John Ng in front of the Wah Lum temple with Chan Pui and 2 others. Your teacher is in the picture that shane has. Also to the rest of you out there that wants to talk about Timmy in the golden snake article. Say all you want but you'll never be as good as him ever. Also sin claims to have the shaolin monkey form well Dr. Ng was the first one to teach monkey openly and yes I do have our history and Dr. Ng's teachers. I've seen the pictures of his teacher Senior Monk Po from the Fukein Temples. He died in 1984 at a ripe old age. Our history goes back further than sd style does when it comes to the temples and in the tournament in 1984 it was very interesting especially when John Dufrense knock out Bill Leonard twice and cleaned house on the rest of them. Nice video from that tournament so if the sd's say anything else we'll go to the instint reply. So remember it doesn't matter what style your in play nice.

Oh really Frank? Are you speaking of the same fight I know of? The same one where your school shamefully jumped our's during a demo at a tournament? The same one where Dufranse jumped Master Leonard from behind and knocked him down? The same one where Dufranse had to go to the hospital the next day for?

I edited what I was going to say here. Let me just say what goes around comes around ol Frankie boy.
    themeecer actually shares a lot of the passion that Bruce Lee had about adopting techniques into your own way of 'expressing yourself.'
    -shaolinarab
    (Nicest thing ever said about me on these boards.)

Even I wish this thread to die.
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

As much as I hate to....

Frank, after reading many of your other posts I see that you seem to be a decent guy. Except when it comes to SD of course.

As to this "beating" that you claim took place, I too am wondering if you are refering to the one at Lafyette HS? As I remember, all during the demo, your school (in matching little running suits, very cute)was taunting and yelling and pretty much making an a$$ out of themselves. After Master Sin had left to catch a flight that night, Master Hiang (who has a temper) called for a "open sparring match " to anyone that wanted it. All your guys came out and it was on. What stopped it was that one of your guys was beating the heII out of a female black belt. Then Master Hiang called for a match between him and Bill. The match went well until your guys went full contact and hit Bill in the face (nose to be exact). Bill then jumped one your guy and started beating him until Master Hiang was able to pull him off. Everything stopped and your people left, after yelling obsenities, flipping off the crowd, turning over chairs, tossing garbage cans like all mature MAist do.

So, while I don't have "video" of it, I was there and remember it quiet well. I am still not sure why all this stuff continues to be stirred up but what can you do. You seem very proud of your art and as far as I know, there hasn't been any problem between the two clubs in forever. We do our thing, you do yours. I am even aware that recently, Sifu John D. made an attempt to smooth over some of the issues with SD in a very honorable way. He let it go, perhaps you should to.....

Humbley, GT

Re: Ng Family

Originally posted by FRANK SEXTON
    I've seen the pictures of his teacher Senior Monk Po from the Fukein Temples. He died in 1984 at a ripe old age.
    So, realistically, you are saying Po was a monk at the Fukien Temple at least around 1900 or so?

Where is the proof of the temple's existence if it was destroyed 100 years ago?

In your opinion, why do other accounts of Fukien place the destruction at 1673 or so?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

I was there, I was the .. erm nevermind, live and let die..

so, if you want to live, let this die.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Back to the title of this thread, NP's girl nicknamed me the golden snake...
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Originally posted by SevenStar
    That was the lock-jaw....she was really trying to say "pull it straight" because of how it bends sideways at a funny angle....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Originally posted by SevenStar
    Better make sure MK doesn't meet her NP, he defiled my g/f and "taught her".. She's still recovering.
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Originally posted by MasterKiller
    That was the lock-jaw....she was really trying to say "pull it straight" because of how it bends sideways at a funny angle....
    lmao MK
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    like that old japanese zen monk that grabs white woman student titties to awaken them to zen, i grab titties of kung fu people to awaken them to truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Canzonieri View Post
    You can discuss discrepancies and so on in people's posts without ripping them apart. So easy to do sitting behind a computer screen anonymously, but in person I'm sure you'd be very different, unless you're a total misanthrope without any friends.

Everything

Since most of you say you we're at the tournament in 1984 which one's are you? See I got a copy of the tape from the tournament where Bill Leonard challenged Dufrense and the other ones to a sparring match. And got about 20 of your peoples a-- es kicked. And in the video you see Shawn The get under a table. Like I said let's go to the instint replay. And for all of you out there threatening me Ther's only one I'm will not fight and that is Grandmaster Ng. Oh yeh the the main temple my have been burned but therer were 2 more one in a cave and the other in the forrest dumby. Also have pictures of them stating Shaolin Temple Fukien. Dah I never make a statement that I can't back up or show proof. The tournament in 84 was one of the reasons I left sd in the first place.I was ther too. I was 19 and still in sd at the time, so again I ask which one was you I'm on the tape watching Dufrense kicking the sh-t put of sd people and he never got hurt. So if you want to test me or Dufrense we will be at the Mountain Friendship Tournament in Jenkins Ky. May 8th or I will be at Somerset on April 3rd. Please though on April 3rd no trouble in the tournament we can go out side. I would be glad to show you what the vibration palm is along with the willowleaf strike among other things. remember play nice. And don't push me unless you want to give me your real name. like I use not a made up one.

Better make sure MK doesn't meet her NP, he defiled my g/f and "taught her".. She's still recovering.

lol, he looks at her at Taiji legacy and he'll get his monk spade shoved where the light wont make it look shiny no mo...
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread