Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Anybody watching Celeberty Boxing?

{QUOTE]
    As a side note, they fought like anyone that doesn't train regularly with full contact. I am sure a lot of martial artists out there would look the same if thrown into the same situation.-ED
    [/QUOTE]

Sorry, I don't think so. I have seen and been in better fights than those fights. These are from people that do not spar, and they had fast punches and moved forward aggresively with bad intentions. I never sparred before I fought many guys, and I got inside, and make very quick work with hard, short, crisp punches. Nothing fancy, and no screwing around, un-coordinated crappy-@ss punches. I just don't think any of those people actually knew how to technically throw a proper punch. China did have a good right cross, but she was too worried about getting tagged in the face, and did the classic new boxer move. She pulled back with her head and body as she threw the punch, thus negating the power in her punch, and opening up her face for a target.

There is a lot to be said for a few simple techniques, such as tucking the chin, stepping into range, and throwing a punch as you move into the target with power. Very hard to do if you are not mentally commited to getting hit back. However, it usually keeps the other guy from getting off a clean hard shot as well, so you just gotta have faith in the technical basics of striking. My philosophy, and I have made it work many times, is you are probably going to get nailed anyways, and hurt, so you might as well knock the shoot out of the other person while getting yours. It is just a trick to stick to the basics, thats all.

Originally posted by Royal Dragon
    I am sure a lot of martial artists out there would look the same if thrown into the same situation

Reply]
    Speak for yourself, I would have flattned all of them, at the same time, and I suk bigtime.
    I would of beat them all up (except Chyna) then take Chyna back to my place for some personal training.
    I have a signature.

Originally posted by PHILBERT

I would of beat them all up (except Chyna) then take Chyna back to my place for some personal training.
    you like women with steriod face?

I was being sarcastic.
    I have a signature.

PHILBERT

LOL on taking China home
    Those that are the most sucessful are also the biggest failures. The difference between them and the rest of the failures is they keep getting up over and over again, until they finally succeed.

For the Women:

+ = & a

Talk about digging up an old thread!

I just saw this show on TV here and remembered this thread and I have to say I was amazed. What bizarre spectator trash are the American people into?! Watching Screech black that old guy's eyes was appalling.

The Fridge/Manute fight was truly bizarre from the point of sheer spectacle, just based on the shape of the two guys fighting.

And a shame that Chyna (is that right?) didn't have a little more training at keeping her head down and moving in. She had the potential to knock Buttafuoco out, but just not the skills.

Who is this Joey Buttafuoco guy anyway?

BTW, whatever happened to GinSueDog!?
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching