Originally posted by Ma_Xu_Zha
I really want to know why american teachers of the Cheng man ching yang short form (excluding William chen- he is cool) have such huge ego? didnt cheng man ching say "invest in loss".

really! these 2nd and 3rd generation Shir Jung taiji people are perpetuating ignorance and act like they own some big secret. yet they are a huge joke to the taiji and martial arts community.

some cheng man ching teachers may have learned some form, sword, and push hands but they all have one thing in common:

1. they will never touch hands with you.

Not my CMC instructor.

2. they do a hybrid shortened yang form from cheng man ching and every other form is wrong. (they havent figured out that their form is from something called a complete yang long form.)

This is a bad attitude

3. they will never demo their form themselves.

What? My firs Taiji teacher would always demo forms. His bagua was especially cool and always impressed students. He runs a big retreat each summer and you gotta have some skills to show.

4. they act like they are masters and imitate there teachers. they will speak to you as if you are lower than them and that whatever you do is wrong.

Not the CMC/old yang stylists I know.

5. they try to act soooo traditional and dont recongnize they are in 21st century.

Yeah , other IMA groups do this on the internet too

6. you will never see them at any tournament and they will put down tournaments.

That's stupid. MY CMC/Old Yang school, would hold a tournament every second year, bringing in many resoected teachers and masters from all over the country. My first Taiji teacher knows everyone around. Of note was that many people from my first school would compete against students of Sam Masich, a student of Laing Shouyu, Yang jwing ming, and has even learned from chen xiaowang, and is a national push hands champion

7. even if your a taiji relative they still act disrespectful to you. they recongize differences and not similarites, even if you been doing the same form as them.

Not the CMC people I know.

i apologize to those other cheng man ching players i have been able to learn and benefit and exchang e ideas and push hands from with positive feedback.

others- with big egos and organizations who are suppose to be teachers setting a positive example- you really are a negative example of taiji and you shouldnt even be teaching .

Well , if what you say is true, good for you for saying it, if not, you're a troll, but I'm not calling you a troll, or doubting what you say or anything, but it is not my experience with the Tchoung ta Tchen lineage instructors at all. They are laid back and always respectful of other styles, and interested in exchanging ideas.

If someone won't touch hands, or won't demonsteate fighting applications, they probably can't