Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Question for those who have studied many different versions of Wing Chun.

1975 ???

Hi Sam,
    I'm not trying to be argumentative but you should re-check your dates. I was Henry's senior student before James Cama started coming to the Friendship Restaurant.
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 04-28-2004 at 11:07 PM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

I am only going by the date on James Cama's certificate which states 1975. Sifu Cama acknowledges that he met you at Friendship restaurant in the late 70's. Cama Sifu had trained mostly privately at Grand Master Leungs home as you know. You left the system for personal reasons. James Cama completed the system and is acknowledged as having been transmitted the hand by Grand Master Henry Leung. Cama Sifu as you well know has excepted and met all challenges for Grand Master Leung, Fut Sao Wing Chun, and himself quietly and thoroughly.

Hi Sam,
    for almost 2 years I worked in Henry Leung's restaurant. I went there every night after work and stayed until he closed at around 11PM. We would then take the train to his apartment in Brooklyn where I would stay with him and train a couple of hours. When he moved from Brooklyn to the apartment on Putnam Ave. in Rigdewood Queens I moved my family into the same building. I saw him everyday since I lived on the floor above his apartment. I remember seeing James at the restaurant and only a few times at HL's home. I can't speak about what happened after I left. I'm not sure of the dates. I'll see if I can contact Santo to make sure. I know that I went to Henry after Duncan left for Virginia. And there were onlya few of us studying under Henry Leung at that time. Now that I think of it in 1975 my oldest son would have been only 2 years old. When I met Henry Leung I had 7 children and one on the way.
    And that was before James Cama ever showed up. I was the first to get a Sifu certificate from Henry Leung. I was even there when he traced his hand on a place mat in his restaurant to make to logo you know use. I still have copies of that Buddha hand logo.
    Phil
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 04-29-2004 at 03:45 PM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Bailah Phil, We understand that you were training prior to Sifu Cama. I am puzzled as to why you are involving yourself in the Fut Sao organization when there was much bad blood between yourself and Grand Master Leung. As far as Santo he was thrown out of the organization. James Cama Sifu respects all his seniors that deserve it which he told you, William Cheung, and Santo to your faces. I suggest we end this since you supposedly represent William Cheung and have nothing to do with Henry Leung or Sifu Cama's organization.
    Sam

OMG, phil you have 8 kids? Thats just insane!

Originally posted by Sam
    . . . . I suggest we end this. . . .
    Done
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Originally posted by Gangsterfist
    OMG, phil you have 8 kids? Thats just insane!
    And 7 grand kids. I didn't watch much TV back then
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr

Originally posted by Phil Redmond

And 7 grand kids. I didn't watch much TV back then
    watchin a different bo0b tube?