Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Moy Tung Ving Tsun Video Clips

thank you shadow boxer, i really like the darkness with the black shirts in a basemant in Richmond, Va, it was an artistic choice and it reminds me of the old days of training in the alleys and basements of Richmond, of training on the streets of campus (John Kang was there for some of when we were both young in our kung fu) and when we have both large and small options or the video up and when finish and put our new site up (appliedkungfu.com) we will have links for both up, I have just posted the bigger versions so far.

TjD, many people don't want to open themselves to criticism up or show their actual skill level (their talk sau is much better than their chi sau) by putting themselves on video. I welcome valuable criticism even from those who just have no concept of what we are doing.

I'm trying to show stuff that has never really been seen online, now that it's been 3 years since Sigung has passed away we are ready to now be very open with our kung fu and his method of teaching pure Yip man Ving Tsun Kung Fu. We are letting out a lot of the details that have been hidden so long and never been put in a book or ever publicly shown on video (yes we are still sitting on some videos that have never been released including the last video/seminar Sigung taught on Biu Je), we are trying to show the tsui ma fan sau that Moy Yat Ving Tsun is known for, showing that in the advanced levels of chi sau you don't really need to rely on techniques or the hands to open the line but instead just keep good position (immovable elbow method) and use the horse and footwork to control, dominate and open the line. It looks like the students are letting themselves get hit huh? look closer and you will see a step with every strike and every trap using low elbow energy. By using the horse and keeping position the opponent's positions become cho kiu ("choked up", too close to the body) and their positions go way off center. The beginners can do their fancy techniques and play with the hands but that is just a stage where the techniques need to be trained, later on one can achieve the same ends by using very small shifts combined with a solid horse and footwork. We are training and bringing back the old school bloody lip chi sau days (my sang jong) and we are willing to share our details and theories.

I'm not saying that we are better than any other style I'm just letting people know that we are going to be open with our kung fu, we are going to bring Sigung's kung fu out in the open to be appreciated because a lot of people never had the chance to meet him or train with him or even see the things that we have been talking about for years.

Thank you all for watching the videos and i hope to get some questions as i update and show what we do.

With that all said, just let the hands do the talking for you, that is the Moy Tung Method.

Aaron (Moy 10 Tung) Vyvial
    Aaron Vyvial

"If you want to be good, you will be"

Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy

training video

Originally posted by Vyvial
    TjD, many people don't want to open themselves to criticism up or show their actual skill level (their talk sau is much better than their chi sau) by putting themselves on video. I welcome valuable criticism even from those who just have no concept of what we are doing.
    yeah well those people are p***ies i'd like to say i have a pretty good idea of how chi sau works, at least in my lineage (ip ching). personally, I like to play my chi sau at closer ranges - but you said you practiced this way as well (biu je sau), so more power to you. i just find that when people tend to stay ****her away in chi sau it's because either conciously or unconciously they're being too passive and it becomes a game of who can slap who - no real structure involved, just jumping in and jumping out like TKD point sparring your chi sau did not look like that though so i can't make that complaint

I'm trying to show stuff that has never really been seen online, now that it's been 3 years since Sigung has passed away we are ready to now be very open with our kung fu and his method of teaching pure Yip man Ving Tsun Kung Fu. We are letting out a lot of the details that have been hidden so long and never been put in a book or ever publicly shown on video (yes we are still sitting on some videos that have never been released including the last video/seminar Sigung taught on Biu Je), we are trying to show the tsui ma fan sau that Moy Yat Ving Tsun is known for, showing that in the advanced levels of chi sau you don't really need to rely on techniques or the hands to open the line but instead just keep good position (immovable elbow method) and use the horse and footwork to control, dominate and open the line. It looks like the students are letting themselves get hit huh? look closer and you will see a step with every strike and every trap using low elbow energy. By using the horse and keeping position the opponent's positions become cho kiu ("choked up", too close to the body) and their positions go way off center. The beginners can do their fancy techniques and play with the hands but that is just a stage where the techniques need to be trained, later on one can achieve the same ends by using very small shifts combined with a solid horse and footwork. We are training and bringing back the old school bloody lip chi sau days (my sang jong) and we are willing to share our details and theories.
    old school bloody lip chi sau days? thats every day at my kwoon! the insides of my lips are pretty well scarred up, good thing my face isn't

either way, it still looked to me like some people were letting themselves get hit, with the 2 centerline punches, any number of things could be done in those places apart from letting yourself get hit. low bong sau, tan sau or both at once: kwan sau, come to mind, either with a shift or without a shift. unfortunately i only have an outsiders view and that means nothing since the only real way to tell whats going on and know if anything is possible is to feel the situation.

With that all said, just let the hands do the talking for you, that is the Moy Tung Method.
    couldn't agree more. it's our method as well. i hope most lineages have that in common - if not it's the beginning of the end
    Travis

structure in motion

BAH , WHAT GARBAGE!

Tutle back older style of chi sau that Moy yat picked up ? What a laugh? Hunched shoulders nerver right. lean forward never right. No excuse. Moy yat develeoped hunched shoulders as way to deal with shorter opponents that had lower center of gravity and kept moving him around that is all.

Correct Wing Chun is based on using the body the way it is meant to be used. Use the basic strength of human anatomy.
    Only way hunched shoulders ever right is if you deformed in some way. Maybe all MOy yat people deformed? I think not.

The videos show only half the equation and a poor half at that. Although the goal is correct guess that is what comes form learning wing chun over dim sum instead of hands on.

Real wing chun funnels force to ground. Dont need to move or step away to deal with force. Push ahrd with forward and I not need to move at all if my structure right you just walk into my hand.

Originally posted by horserider
    BAH , WHAT GARBAGE!
    Three posts in and just attack, attack, attack.

Maybe you could share some positive experiences about your kung fu without resorting to disrespect and trolling attacks?

Everyone has something to say, and I'd love to hear it (in a productive discourse, of course).

-Levi

"their talk sau is much better than their chi sau", some people who don't open themselves up to the kung fu will just never understand.

Like I said, we let our hands do our talking for us.
    Aaron Vyvial

"If you want to be good, you will be"

Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy

training video