Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Student in my class gets attacked

How is he built to be 300 pounds?
    Thats huge!
    Is he a sumo wrestler or a body builder or just really tall?

Vio

>> I train in Bedfordshire UK.

Yea sometimes his temper changes are very sudden and unexpected. No one was expecting this to happen. <<

Jeez, that is awful. No one should have to put up with that in any endeavour whatsoever.

(sees an opening for a bit of poaching... )

There is a Wong Shun Leung school in St.Albans, 5 minutes from the station. Instructor has 34 years WC experience, and guaranteed no mood swings.

http://www.wongvingtsun.co.uk/ if you are interested.

Take it easy
    Your lineage may vary.

re student gets attacked

hi vio , i am sorry for what happened to your friend, kung fu is supposed to teach control and respect, i think your friend shouls seek good legal advise. and fix this goose the right way legaly,
    in court your friend might have expressed the wrong point of veiw
    ,no one but no one needs to put up with this crap peace look fora new sifu russellsherry
    russellsherry

re student gets attacked

hi vio , i am sorry for what happened to your friend, kung fu is supposed to teach control and respect, i think your friend shouls seek good legal advise. and fix this goose the right way legaly,
    in court your friend might have expressed the wrong point of veiw
    ,no one but no one needs to put up with this crap peace look for a new sifu russellsherry
    russellsherry

I didn't really understand your whole post, but it sounds like your teacher is a jerk. No offense. But I would have walked out if I saw that happen. I would see if other people would walk out with me. I would spread the word around the neighborhood and over the internet about what happened, and disuade anyone from ever training at his school again, because he's going to end up hurting someone. If he can't control his temper he shouldn't be teaching.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

i'd enjoy working out with that "sifu"
    Aaron Vyvial

"If you want to be good, you will be"

Moy Yat Kung Fu Academy

training video

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    The fact that you said that the Sifut was all red-eyed, and attacked your friend pretty much says it all.....
    That being said, Your "friend" was completely out of line for saying to his Sifu that he was better than seniors, and demanding he be placed at the level of HIS choosing...especially after taking time off, due to work..? and yet going to a Thai Boxing school. Many will 'school' a student with an attitude adjustmant (very prevelent in Japanese Karate) and let the student know where he stands. That's usually where it ends.
    What I'm trying to say is, that if the story were told, omitting the part about the red-eyed maniac, getting up and smacking your friend, then I'm sure many people would have said, "fine".
    But the Sifut was way over the top. Bottom line: Find another school.

Ten Tigers:

Good analysis. That's pretty much it.

What is sifu and sifut? different level of respect?

Originally posted by TenTigers
    The fact that you said that the Sifut was all red-eyed, and attacked your friend pretty much says it all.....
    That being said, Your "friend" was completely out of line for saying to his Sifu that he was better than seniors, and demanding he be placed at the level of HIS choosing...especially after taking time off, due to work..? and yet going to a Thai Boxing school. Many will 'school' a student with an attitude adjustmant (very prevelent in Japanese Karate) and let the student know where he stands. That's usually where it ends.
    What I'm trying to say is, that if the story were told, omitting the part about the red-eyed maniac, getting up and smacking your friend, then I'm sure many people would have said, "fine".
    But the Sifut was way over the top. Bottom line: Find another school.

TheBlackDragons Guest

reply..300lbs?

300lbs? If this guy is
    mostly muscle There a vey high chance he is on roids

300lbs is more heavy than Pro body buildiers in of season

bulking up with strong androgens and Test

,,Does he have a moon face ,,hence to much water retention?

"sifu" needs a severe beatdown. That is all.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    yeah, you said it all: the difference between Sifu and Sifut is respect. Couldn't have said it better! ROTFLMAO!!!!

(ok, sifut means a**hole)

It sounds like your friend needs to learn the art of being humble and not bragging. It also sounds like your sifu is the type of teacher that you really should avoid training with. You should train with your kung-fu brothers and sisters in the type of environment that promotes learning in a positive manner.
    LEAVE NOW !!!

Glad I asked before I called any instrucors that.
    Originally posted by TenTigers
    yeah, you said it all: the difference between Sifu and Sifut is respect. Couldn't have said it better! ROTFLMAO!!!!

(ok, sifut means a**hole)

porquemada

No, you wouldn't want to call a Sifu that word. Sifut gwai is a derogatory term for ****sexual in Cantonese. It sort of means booty devil.....
    Last edited by Phil Redmond; 06-23-2004 at 08:55 AM.
    Sifu Phillip Redmond
    Traditional Wing Chun Academy NYC/L.A.
    菲利普雷德蒙師傅
    傳統詠春拳學院紐約市

WCKwoon
    wck
    sifupr