Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ronald Reagan - Californian Champion!

Thank you, Count. I was there at your hometown at 3:40 A.M. last night to pay my final respect with other Americans. It was a long drive. Upon arriving there an officer informed my friend and I that we will have to wait for another 6 hours in line to get to the Library, and then 1 more hour to see the closed coffin. We had to work the next day so we departed sadly from our tired but smiling crowd of countrymen. As a boat refugee from South East Asia, I am touched by the experience.

"Can we doubt that only a Divine Providence placed this land, this island of freedom, here as a refuge for all those people in the world who yearn to breathe freely: Jews and Christians enduring persecution behind the Iron Curtain, the boat people of Southeast Asia, of Cuba and Haiti, the victims of drought and famine in Africa, the freedom fighters of Afghanistan and our own countrymen held in savage captivity.- RR"

Reagan-

Along with Iran-contra, lets not forget the millions if not billions of dollars of OUR, money lost during the Savings and Loan scandals because of "Reaganomics" and deregulation.

How about raising collection age for Social Security, that is OUR money, well actually my parents money.

And putting a tax on unemployment! as income?

That's trickle down economics for ya!

The best thing he did for this country was become grass fertilizer.

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/arti...8/102324.shtml

Respecting your freedom of expression, I only wish to let the people who were there to have their says also in the matter.
    Last edited by PaulH; 06-08-2004 at 01:02 PM.

Tit sa - your grasp of history is pretty weak.

I'll give you the play by play of just why your incredibally incorrect, and possibly a bufoon later.

Now go get David Ross some coffee...

And remember it was a Deomocratic House and Senate that was so corrupt it was SWEPT out of office by the Republicans. Those were the folks creating many of the bills you complain about. On others, you are glossing over key information.

Reagan was a perfect man, but in may ways he was a great man.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star

Monkey-

It seems like you are more up David Ross's a$$ than you should be. I'll leave the svcking to you.
    Last edited by Tit Sa; 06-09-2004 at 10:45 PM.

Reagan shouldn't be declared a saint

His merit list:

*mass murder in Latin America
    *supported Saddam Hussein
    *ignored the American aids catastrophy

Nobody wants to talk down an old sick mans reputation. He was a man just like us and I hope he rests in peace. But, to so blindingly ignore your own history is frightening.

He saw the world in black and white and in his hard fight against communism he used all means possibly. He supported regimes that did horrible crimes against human rights. Hundreds of thousands had to die because of Reagans actions.

- He financed death squads in Guatemala and El Salvador. The American goverment at the time sold weapons to Iran so that the support to the Rightish guerilla Contras in Nicaragua wouldn't be noticed.

- Reagan was the root of the modern problem with Saddam and the WMD's. Saddam secretly received great support in the Iraq/Iran war. No protests were heard back then when Saddam used chemical weapons.

-While the rest of the world tried to put an end to the aphartheid regime in South Africa, Reagan opposed economical sanctions. South Africa was viewed as an important wheel in the struggle against communism. It didn't matter that the black africans were opressed.

-With the same argument, Reagan pumped money to the muslim guerilla in Afghanistan, wich was occupied by Sovietunion. One of the guerilla men was Usama bin Ladin. From this guerilla, the talibans was founded.

-Reagan did nothing to stop the aids catastrophy in USA. First time he even mentioned it was in a speech right before he left the white house. Meanwhile, 20 000 americans died in the deciese. The ****sexual people had themself to blame.

Reagan supporters claims he was the cause of the fall of the Soviet Union. A truth with modification. Reagan was put in charge at a time wich the Soviet union already was weakend and when Gorbatjov had started to 'open up'.
    The Berlin walls had fallen anyway. Reagan may have hurried it up though. He was a man that was very liked, and he had nice suits and a white smile. But he was not the angel of peace he is descibed as today.
    I took the above text from a newspaper, it focuses mostly on the negative side of Ronald Reagans politics, but I feel it's a good counter to all the naive heroe praising going on right now.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

http://www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/st...060904212.html

This is the Reagan I know and remember. With all due respects, It would be a decent thing to discuss his legacy in details after the funeral. Even Kerry said nothing when he paid respect to Ronald Reagan a few days ago.

Regards,
    PH

Wink yes yes lets all honor this president

lets honor his passing.

Lets just recap what we are honoring here for a moment.

we are honoring a man who royally fuked the poor in the a$$
    (crime and drug use and dealing skyrocketed during his administration, and he totally ignored the aids epidemic back then,,oh yeah aids is a f@g disease right)

Lets also honor the fact that he and his administration finacned a few military coups in other countries (grenada/ south america) oh and lets not forget Iran /contra. trading arms with iran for hostages, (what a great plan

lets honor your average typical republican who cut taxes for the top 3% wealthy and stuck it to the middle income families.

oh yeah and i almost forgot about SDI. boy that would have cost us a bundle wouldnt it have? i mean the aliens were coming to take us over werent they? or was it the russians?

rest in peace Dutch,,,,,,,,,,,,,

and peace to all,,,,TWS.
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

Hmmm... I support deregulation (the state cannot be trusted, mmkay?) and tax cuts (especially corporate tax cuts, since they should be 0%; and citizen tax cuts to the upper bracket, since every citizen should be taxed in equal proportion and they're currently not). I avidly support the opposition to communism (the greatest killer man has ever conceived of).

Maybe this Reagan guy ain't so bad?

If anything, he should have done more of all this, not less.

I heard it is actually the puppet from the Genesis Land of Confusion video in the casket in case of shenanigans.

Re: Reagan shouldn't be declared a saint

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    Reagans merit list:

*mass murder in Latin America
    *supported Saddam Hussein
    *ignored the American aids catastrophy

Originally posted by Christopher M

Maybe this Reagan guy ain't so bad?

If anything, he should have done more of all this, not less.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Re: Re: Reagan shouldn't be declared a saint

Originally posted by Nick Forrer
    It seems you accidentally got Kristoffer's and my posts all intermixed. We have a similar name, I guess!

My way of spelling it, is superior
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

How an actor became president.

The Birch society has had lots of political influence in the US over the years. Before Reagan was Governer of CA, he was an actor. He was hired by the Birch Society as a public speaker to go out and help their cause. Their cause was to cut down the redwood trees in CA. These trees are huge, and ancient, and should be protected. One quote from Reagans speech was, "Come on now, if you have seen one tree, you've seen them all."

Thanks to the birch society and reagan a lot of those trees were cut down. The Birch Society, saw this as a new profound way to influence people in politics, hire actors. They later pushed Reagan to run for Governer, and helped fund his campaign.

They pushed him and helped him all the way to the white house. They made lots of money with Reagan's influence and power of position. They also did lots of bad things. Go research it for yourself if you do not believe me.

I never met the man, but he was definately a puppet, and not a great president. He made the rich richer, and the middle class and poor pay for it. Got us in a huge amount of debt which is now impacting us.
    http://www.wingchunusa.com

Sao gerk seung siu, mo jit jiu - Hands and feet defend accordingly, there are no secret or unstoppable maneuvers.
    -Yip Man