Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: itf tkd vs karate clip

itf tkd vs karate clip

http://www.suginoharyu.com/html/vide...rld%20Cham.mpg

found it on another forum, looks pretty interesting.

I assume the long haired person is the ITF guy. A few impressive round kicks (and hook kicks). However, they need to keep there hands up more when kicking. That short haired guy just kept getting beaten down by dropping his hands.
    I have a signature.

St jean sur richelieu (Montreal south shore)
    haha nice.. looks liek tkd owned karate

man i wonder how these guys would fight if they were facing someone GOOD... 8-|

Not bad. Some clever moves from the long-haired dude.
    "If you and I agree all the time, then one of us is unnecessary."

It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument.
    - William G. McAdoo

Against stupidity, even the Gods contend in vain...

Originally posted by PHILBERT
    I assume the long haired person is the ITF guy. A few impressive round kicks (and hook kicks). However, they need to keep there hands up more when kicking. That short haired guy just kept getting beaten down by dropping his hands.
    pretty safe assumption with all his spinning kicks, round house, etc.

Anyways, there's some other clips on the site, didn't have time to look over them yet. It is in swedish, so I'll have to wait for the weekend to look through it.

Here's a Kyokushin-kai clip where they showed more skill than their brotheren against the tkd guy..

http://static.zed.cbc.ca/users/x/xia...-_NO_MUSIC.WMV
    dazed and confused

Not a single punch to the head, nor any really good ones to the body. The kinda rules that'll get you KTFO in a full contact or street situation.

*sigh*

Still, some nice leg work...
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

not another sports vs street argument.

anyways, I hope they know how to punch someone in the head when they aren't fighting under tournament rule.
    dazed and confused

Does the dude with long hair look like he has dreadlocks?
    If so, I've seen the clip and it was alright. Sloppy in some martial circles but decent for the two.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA
    dug the music.....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Punk-ass crotty punk needsta learn to keep them hands up!

Other than that, was the TKD guy a black belt, and the crotty kid a colored rank?
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Originally posted by Vash
    Punk-ass crotty punk needsta learn to keep them hands up!

Other than that, was the TKD guy a black belt, and the crotty kid a colored rank?
    Stop trying to make excuses man, the Karotty dude just got schooled

In all seriousness, I don't know how they grade competitions like that, but the long haired dude way outclassed his opponent.
    cxxx[]:::::::::::>
    Behold, I see my father and mother.
    I see all my dead relatives seated.
    I see my master seated in Paradise and Paradise is beautiful and green; with him are men and boy servants.
    He calls me. Take me to him.

beats me, the tkd guy supposed to be some type of world champ. I assume that means black belt, but I like to see a white belt world champ though.

If somebody here reads swedish, may be he can go find out at the website and fill you in.
    dazed and confused

Originally posted by WanderingMonk
    not another sports vs street argument.

anyways, I hope they know how to punch someone in the head when they aren't fighting under tournament rule.
    Yeah, I hope so too. But you fight how you train.....
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

here is the swedish site in english:
    http://www.suginoharyu.com/html/index_eng.html

+ that tournament is called masters cup, and it's designed by tkd people to fit their style. No knees, no groundfighting, no throws, no nothing. It's not very impressive IMO but it seem to have gotten to be quite popular.

I liked the Kyukoshinkai clip. As far as I know, these people condition their hands more than most TMA, so in some regards they are better prepared to punching someone in a real fight with no gloves than let's say those who only fight with gloves on.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    here is the swedish site in english:
    http://www.suginoharyu.com/html/index_eng.html

+ that tournament is called masters cup, and it's designed by tkd people to fit their style. No knees, no groundfighting, no throws, no nothing. It's not very impressive IMO but it seem to have gotten to be quite popular.

I knew a tkd guy can't win fair and square, he was cheating by throwing the other fella.
    dazed and confused