Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mantis Clips / Forms Question

what's ran ja? it looks like a wah lum form

shaloin dude

I think I think you are getting wah lum forms confused with Tai Chi Plum Flower forms.

Smile

Hi Robert Young,

Thank you for the info. It is a great pleasure to meet people such as yourself from GM Han's line. I have alway admire his teaching.

Hi Shaolin Dude,

If I am not mistaken, Zhang Bingdao (TJMHPM) taught some seminars at Wah Lum temple. I believe he taught his version of Luanjie (chaotically intercept). The Taiji Tanglang version (Jiang Hualong lines) is known as chaotically connected which is considered as one of the mother forms of the style. These versions are very similar in structure but quite different in flavor. The other mother forms being Bazhou (8 Elbows) and Mishou (secret hands) 90 hands which is the prototypical Zhaiyao (1-6). Related information of this could be found in the style's progenerator Liang Xuexiang's Quanpu. I am under the impression that Wah Lum's PM side of thing is based in ShuaiShou Tanglang. The curriculum could be different somewhat.

Just some thoughts.

Best regards
    Mantis108
    Contraria Sunt Complementa

對敵交手歌訣

凡立勢不可站定。凡交手須是要走。千着萬着﹐走為上着﹐進為高着﹐閃賺騰挪為
    妙着。

CCK TCPM in Yellowknife

TJPM Forum

Mantis 108

You are correct, Zhang Bingdao taught/teaches the Wah Lum tour groups visiting his area. He has taught Lanjie to the Wah Lum group. From what Ilya Profatilov has told me, Zhang Bingdao`s father was very good! Can you provide some info on this Secret Hands?

Thank you Sir
    I am still a student practicing - Wang Jie Long

"Don`t Taze Me Bro"

I just got back from Taiwan for two week vacation.

YinYangDagger
    >any word on the single dagger form? where'd it come from?
    GM Han have taught single dagger and double dagger forms. I don't know where the forms come from. GM Han have learned from several teacher before he went to Central GuShu Institute. He learned a lot of different styles and forms from the Institute too. The history part of the forms is hard to trace.

mantis108
    > ... I have alway admire his teaching.
    So you noticed the difference of GM Han's teaching. His teaching was unique and very good, actually revolutional in his time. That's why he has training many good students like my teacher and several of his Long Fist brothers.

Thanks for the reply RY.

I wish someone would delve deeper into the Long Fist history and write a book / article on the subject.
    Be nice to your enemy is to be cruel to yourself. - Master Wang (Combat Shuai Chiao) from the EmptyFlower forums.

To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy by
    fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy's assault by fire and close combat. ~ Mission of the Marine Rifle Company

What is best in life? To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women!