Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My friend saw a TMA guy in a streetfight

i sometimes use my cma skills against my dog. not the big one, he kicks my ass, but suzi's little yorkie.

i use the traditional art of deception to trick him into licking the hot stove.
    where's my beer?

Wow nice story thanks for the post!
    When you think its fake
    real Moesum is without thought

-Mak

Originally posted by Fu-Pow
    Sounds like CMA because the blocks weren't clean and hard like in Karate. They were "just enough" to get the fist out of the way.
    Nor did he actively persue a "real" fight, despite obviously being angry. That is one of the biggest traits I look for in a serious MAist of any type, but especially CMA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Becca and Fu-Pow, please forgive me while I LMAO at your assumptions.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

An "opposite side of the equation" story. A buddy of mine just graduated from the LA Sheriff's academy. There was a TCMA guy in there who claimed to be undefeated in a number of NHB and roof top fights in China. During the "Red Man" prisoner fighting simulation situations, he was taken down and had his flashlight, radio, handcuffs, and baton taken from him.

Originally posted by Knifefighter
    An "opposite side of the equation" story. A buddy of mine just graduated from the LA Sheriff's academy. There was a TCMA guy in there who claimed to be undefeated in a number of NHB and roof top fights in China. During the "Red Man" prisoner fighting simulation situations, he was taken down and had his flashlight, radio, handcuffs, and baton taken from him.
    And? Everyone here is quite aware that the CMA are plagued with liars. That's not a reason to act all boozhee all the time.
    I have no idea what WD is talking about.--Royal Dragon

Originally posted by rogue
    Becca and Fu-Pow, please forgive me while I LMAO at your assumptions.
    Have at it. I spend some time shaking my head over some of your asuptions, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    you're kidding? i would love to drink that beer just BECAUSE it's in a dead animal...i may even pick up the next dead squirrel i see and stuff a budweiser in it

Dragonzrage, if your friends wails on people while they're down or chokes them out, he's going to find himself in the cells. The fighter in the account effectively recognises the point where it ceases to be reasonable force in self defence and goes over into assault/actual bodily harm.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

I don't know about that Ben, in the account the defender sounded like he was having trouble coming to grips with what was happening, even though his body knew what to do. While I agree that going for a ground and pound may move you into assault, knocking the other guy out or causing him enough harm to quit could be defended in criminal court. The big problem would have been in civil court.

During the "Red Man" prisoner fighting simulation situations, he was taken down and had his flashlight, radio, handcuffs, and baton taken from him.
    Yeah, but if he was fighting on a roof it would have been a whole other story.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.