Thread: Danzig showing off his JKD technique... NOT!

Danzig showing off his JKD technique... NOT!

http://www.mis-one.com/videos/non/danzig.mpg

(He claims to be trained in JKD)

pretty **** sad world we live in...
    Last edited by duende; 07-08-2004 at 04:18 PM.

(He claims to be trained in JKD)

They both need to become closed [refrigerator] door disciples of GGM jenny Craig

If he is trained in anything he needs to get his money back
    Last edited by Ernie; 07-08-2004 at 06:49 PM.
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

What was the idiot, Danzig, thinking? "Hmmm... maybe I'll start something and drop my hands...Owww"

Don't start anything you don't want to finish.

Macaulay is correct.

There's a BIG discussion about this on the Underground.

Giving a guy the big shove and yelling at him can be a good pre-fight tactic, classic "Fence" per Geoff Thompson - it stimulates fight or flight response in the other guy - but if you don't give him a chance to rabbit or back down (flight), he's going to come back fighting (duh ...fight).

Looks like Danzig expected his rep to do his fighting ... if you push someone, DON'T drop your hands. Better yet, if you're the artist, step back and let security deal with it. What are they there for?

Using GD as a JKD poster boy has about the same validity as using the "WC guys" who got ironed flat in the UFC as style reps ... and none of us want to do that ... do we?

He's a musician not a fighter ... you might as well criticise Garrett Gee or William Cheung for not being able to sing.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I like how the chick in the background is yelling "cheap shot" and "suckerpunch" when you could see that one coming from outerspace.

I can't say Danzig didn't deserve it, when they came here for a show the whole band were a bunch of primadonnas and a-holes to boot.

To rip-off the movie "Friday"...Hey Danzig, you got knocked the f*** out!
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

That Danzig guy also got knoked on his a$$ by one of the Def Leapord members when he was being rude.

Ernie: What are you talking about with Jenny Craig. The Danzig guy looks like hes a body builder or something.

hey watched it again your right he was knocked down so fast and spinning in a circle he just look fat optical illusion i retract my jenny craig statement

but the one hitter quiter still lives on

Now I’m taking the secret ornament my sifu gave me to the local fortune cookie shop to find my new master [gag] Bruce Leroy aint got nothing on me
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

This one just kind of irked me. Being a musican as well, I get really tired of all the frontin' and larger than life egos that have become the norm. I have much more respect for those artists of our time that actually lead the life they write about in their music.

BTW... there's nothin' more comin than a bit of confusion about the line-up at a show like that. Yet he has to go off...

I found his boasting about his JKD background highly suspect. Now we all know the truth. Never thought he was a JKD poster boy... just a poser.

SHO'NUFF!

Hold on, vanity just walked by. Brb.

Too close

If the guy who pushed had decided to punch instead, this may have had a much different outcome. Anytime you get in someones face, or allow them to get in yours, you have no reaction time. The first one to decide to strike will usually be successful. It is important to maintain a safety zone between you and your opponent, in order to have time to react. If you decide to breach that safety zone, it is time to bridge and strike. There is really no middle ground. Your are either outside his striking distance or all over him with your own attack. This was very poor strategy for both people in this video.
    A lie has speed, but the Truth has endurance!

www.ipfamilywingchun.com