Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xing Yi in Houston?

Xing Yi in Houston?

Anyone know a Xing Yi school in Houston?. I've seen some vids of it on the internet. Looks awsome.

I'm still looking myself. Are you still studing at the school off of Bellaire?

Xing Yi or Hsing Yi Ch’uan

Hey,

Only contacts I have found are Dr. Her Yue Wong in Bellaire. He is retired but sells vidoes and does private lessons http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mabrown88/index.htm

The other is Grandmaster Maing Yul Jung at http://www.wushusifu.com/

I emailed Dr. Wong and he seemed to be okay but I was leary about the video tape thing. Grandmaster Maing Yul Jung use to have a school in Clear Lake that I went by. Was too Commercial if you know what I mean. A lot of kids. I don't know. May be I'm too picky. Five Elements on Fannin close down or moved. It seemed like the best option. The guy would start you in Long fist at a discounted rate for a few months than you could progress to Xing Yi or Pa Kua. If you find some one else LET ME KNOW.

Freaking Amazing

I guess I am the only one. Oh well, I ran across a web site, transitionsinternalarts.com. It is Al-Waalee Muhammad's site and has some basic info. I emailed him to get more details. I have heard of him, it seems now from antiquity and his repetition is solid. Upon looking for more info on him I found that he has studied under Dr. Her Yue Wong in which I mentioned one of my earlier post. This gives more weight to Dr. Her Yue Wong as for as the caliber of student that he has dealt with. I think that I may be persuaded to purchase his tape on Hsing I now and give it a look over and maybe one or to private lessons. I work near Meyerland and he lives in Bellaire. It would be easy to hook up (I hope). Hope you see this post.

Man, I just wanna learn Xing Yi, It sounds like such an amazing style

TheBlackDragons Guest

where did you see the vids?

do you have a link?

I'm from Houston too

Hsing- I Great Topic

If you guys can't find anyone in Houston, carpool, take a 4 hr lesson once a month from a distance teacher. You will have plenty to work on until the next time you meet the teacher.

There are plenty in TX to meet your needs. Maybe not close, but close enough to learn.

Good luck

Re: Freaking Amazing

One of Al-Waalee Muhammad students told me he only teaches black muslims. Seriously.

This is second hand of course. I haven't tried to contact him directly.

Originally posted by SunBeam
    I guess I am the only one. Oh well, I ran across a web site, transitionsinternalarts.com. It is Al-Waalee Muhammad's site and has some basic info. I emailed him to get more details. I have heard of him, it seems now from antiquity and his repetition is solid. Upon looking for more info on him I found that he has studied under Dr. Her Yue Wong in which I mentioned one of my earlier post. This gives more weight to Dr. Her Yue Wong as for as the caliber of student that he has dealt with. I think that I may be persuaded to purchase his tape on Hsing I now and give it a look over and maybe one or to private lessons. I work near Meyerland and he lives in Bellaire. It would be easy to hook up (I hope). Hope you see this post.

Post Al-Waalee Muhammad

Nah, unless this is a new thing, he teaches anyone willing to work hard and pay tuition. I took bagua from him for a short while a few years ago and I'm a pasty-faced cracker. Too bad he closed, he's pretty cool. His shop was neat, too.

Al- Waalee

I emailed me and he still teaches. He gave me his rates. Shoot me an message for more info.

Don't be in a hurry

Don't be in a hurry when you post... I meant to say in the previous post that I emailed him at the address on his website and he replied back with the basic pricing of his classes. If you would like more info, please send me a pm.

Thank You,

SB

a lot of "hidden people" in houston. look around and you will find one. ask around the chinese community, and u might find a conservative teacher who is willing to teach u.

I like that idea best, I think a private teacher would be best.

Sorry i havent posted or responded in a while, ive been busy with other things. should focus more on kung fu

Re: Don't be in a hurry

Does anyone have Al- Waalee's website URL or email?

Originally posted by SunBeam
    Don't be in a hurry when you post... I meant to say in the previous post that I emailed him at the address on his website and he replied back with the basic pricing of his classes. If you would like more info, please send me a pm.

Thank You,

SB

Wink Re: Re: Don't be in a hurry

Got it . Thought other people might be interested.

www.transitionsinternalarts.com

Originally posted by nairb
    Does anyone have Al- Waalee's website URL or email?