Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chan CLF: Buddha Fist form

Re: judge pen

Originally posted by SifuX-HSK
    hey,

i'm not sure if we met in san francisco at the last gee tuk association, but it is me frank, and if you don't know i am your sifu's senior classmate and i warn you not to get too caught up on this line. peace!

Frank,

We've never met. I'm not a Hung Sing CLF student, just an admirer of good gung fu. I worked out with a kung fu brother who is studying Hung Sing with Sifu Myers and had the opportunity to see Master Dino in action. As Fu Pow will tell you I'm a shaolin-do student, and I get out and experience as much from other styles and systems as I can. You can never stop learning from others.

Edit: And I'm not trying to get into any debate on CLF lineage with fu pow (we've had our rounds on other issues, but all in good fun); I was sincerely curious as to the origins of this form. Was it created in the Chan lineage or does it have older origins. If you just do a google search you will see several schools with a Buddha Palm or Buddha Fist set which makes me wonder if it is an old set that many styles lay claim to.

Ben
    Last edited by Judge Pen; 07-21-2004 at 01:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

Frank,

I saw the trailer of your sifu, Very nice, my compiments to him and your school. Unfortunately we can not all be together more, would be nice to see you guys. Good Luck on the videos and when I go to San Fran Next (not sure when) i definitely would like to meet you & your sifu.

Fu Pow,

Got your pm, I definitely will call you before I go out there!

Eddie,

As far as I Know Ping in Ping Kuen is "peace", which follows the whole list of first names put together to form the saying "Tai, Ping, Tien, Gwok"
    "Awn, Cheung, Mahn, Neen"

Loosely translated as "Bring peace to all the countries, prosperous long life of ten thousand years".

I am not into all the history stuff, so I may off a bit, but at times I have heard Ping Kuen also refered to Level Fist too.

About Buddha Palm,

Our Buddha Palms main point is the "oi leem & loi leem sao" inside and outside circle hands. Kinda like a sticky technique. But most Choy Lay Fut forms favor palm in my branch. At shaolin temple, I spent alot of time with one sifu, who knew alot of traditional KF, he recogonise CLF right away as Shaolin.

Ga = Family or style, so I would think like in English, Fut Jeung and Fut Ga jeung may be the same thing.

And hey everyone... Its better we are different, more interesting and more fun, more to learn from each other. No need to worry about others, just do what makes you happy.

Peace, & hope to see some of you in Texas or Seattle

Frank you goin to Seattle?

Joe

sow choy

is this joe?

hey but thanks, you should see him on the old footage i have of him, he moves as shmoove ass butta!

so how is your sifu?

oh, will you guys be going to fut san this year?
    oh yeah i'm trying to go to seattle, we got the package sent to us.

frank
    Fight to win!!!

Frank,

It's me Joe Keit, my email is: leekoonhungkungfu@hotmail.com

I think we are planning a china trip next year. I will be at Sifu Jimmy Wong's Taj Legacy in Texas and at Sifu Leongs tournament on Labor Day in seattle. Let me know if you are going, let's get together and check out Seattle...

From the other post...

My sifu is doin good, always busy... He trains like a mad man, every Sunday 6 miles in the sand at the beach. he loves to do everything 300 times, Mr. Endurance, he is 48 now.

I am happy for you about your videos and dvd's, I would love too see whatever you do. I just got an apple powerbook and am learning video editing and website stuff on my own. Before we always had help... But they are gone...

See you soon...

Joe

Toisan Lee Hin CLF has a Fut Gar Kuen as well as Fut Jeung.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Does anyone know anything about the ten line killing hands and the internal five animals form? (obviously a response from Troy Dunwood would be great here).
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Killing Hands and Five Animal Internal

Hello, first of all, killing hands ten section is a grouping of ten indiviual techniques that are trained merely for practical fighting, each line works a different scenario for instance one line is devoted to straightline continuous attacking, another line is devoted to attacking and redirect attacking etc. these series of skill are passed down from my sifu Choy Siu Ming. When talking to Sifu Chu Sil Kay also know as Leo Chu, he also explained to me that these series of skills are usually reserved for the more advance students because of the nature of their techniques and hopefully when one learns skills like this they have developed the proper character because this line of choy lee fut skill is the no nonsense get a monkey off your back sort of speaking.

Five animal internal is one of the treasured skills passed down from Great Grand Master Lau and taught by my Sifu dino Salvatera. This set teaches temperance, relaxation etc, with a host of great techniques, originally this set was passed down from Lau Bun's Si-Mo who was a very famous heroine of early generations. If you ever have the chance to See my Sifu perform this set i'm sure you'll be in awe, when Lily Lau saw him perform she had to give it up to him, all she could say was it's so powerful.

troy dunwood