Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwegian right wing party calls for ban on Islamic religion

Norwegian right wing party calls for ban on Islamic religion

KRISTIANSAND, NORWAY:
    Right-wing politicians want to ban Islam
    Carin Pettersson 19.07.04 12:00

Central members of Kristiansand Progress party claims Hitler’s «Mein Kampf» and the Koran are one of the same, and they want Islam banned in Norway.

According to the Norwegian paper Dagbladet, central figures in Kristiansand Progress party (Frp) wants to ban Islam in Norway.

«We are not the only ones demanding this ban,» said Halvor Hulaas, chairperson in Krstiansand Frp to the paper. «This is an opinion that is well established in Scandinavian countries. We are now importing people with a religion that is practiced in the same way it was practiced when it was established in year 600. The freedom we have in Norway may be taken away from us if we do not start to have some demands to these immigrants.»

Karina Udnæs, deputy leader of the Progress party’s city council group in Kristiansand is pushing it even further.

«It is about high time Norway and Europe make the ideology Islam and the practice of this, illegal and punishable in the same way as Nazism,» Udnæs said. «The prophet Muhammad urged them to kill everyone infidel.»

«Udnæs’ comparison of Nazism and Islam is supported by many in Frp,» Hulaas said. «The religion as it is practiced is a threat against our social system and way of life.»

He said that Kristiansand now lives under the threat of getting a large mosque in town.

«Of course, we are aware of what these mosques are used for,» Hulaas said.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Horrible...

What the **** ever happend to freedom to practice whatever religion you feel connects best with you?

I saw it coming though when our government and church became one...

"God bless our troops"
    -GW Bush (not a religious leader...sniff...sniff...bull****)
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

At what point does a religion cross into being a political theory? If Naziism is banned in Norway, why can't Islam be banned? Once you say it's OK to ban one thing, it's kind of hard to object when something else, similar to it, is banned.
    If the Norwegians decide that Islam is incompatible with the Norwegian Way, isnt it within their rights to say "take a hike"? It's their country.

Just my kr.02

It's their country. They can outlaw whatever they like in it. I think we've all spent enough time trying to figure out "why they hate us" enough to appreciate the directness of this approach.
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

This is the veiws by ignorant people that hide their racism against arabs in their politics. These are THEIR views, not the majority of Norway.

It's their country. They can outlaw whatever they like in it.
    Nope, it's not. As long as they aint in power they can't outlaw ****

SCFalken - " If Naziism is banned in Norway, why can't Islam be banned?"
    As far as I know, nazism isn't banned in Norway at all?

jun_erh.. Do you never tire of spewing out these crappy threads?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

No. I saw your boys the janjaweed militia on Foxnews today. They've killed 30,000 including women many of whom they also raped and tortured. How can you support that?

I'm sorry. But this is racist and I think anyone who supports the ban of a religion is a facist pig. If you support this, I have one thing to say to you and yours...

**** you and all that you stand for, biggot.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Inflammatory, sure - but I think this raises an interesting question.

Is it's unacceptable to consider banning Islam, is it acceptable to consider banning Naziism? If so, what is the distinction which warrants this different treatment?

Originally posted by jun_erh
    No. I saw your boys the janjaweed militia on Foxnews today. They've killed 30,000 including women many of whom they also raped and tortured. How can you support that?
    nice trolling. The Janjaweed militia from Sudan is a bit far away from Norway.. But please, do tell what this has to do with anything?
    You're posts get's more racist by every thread you post. Were you groped by hairy men as a kid? Maybe that's why you project your ignorance and fear at the arabs today?

I think it's obvious I share the same opinions as Cap on this

Chris M-
    Banning a religion would be a stab in the back of democrasy. Land of the free? How correct is that really?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Not all muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are muslims. Makes sense to ban 'em. Better safe than sorry. Maybe if the "moderate" (yeah right) muslims kick out their retarded dictators and terrorists we'll let them back in. MAYBE

Holy War declared on anyone who tries to help Sudanese

but all terrorists are muslims
    Yeah...Timothy McVey, ****tard...get smart

Carlos the Jackyl?
    Last edited by CaptinPickAxe; 07-26-2004 at 04:35 PM.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

...how about the IRA? Or Bush? Are they muslims?

You still havn't answered the question junny. What has this got to do with Norway? I'll be surpirsed if you can come up with a connection.

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    Chris M- Banning a religion would be a stab in the back of democrasy. Land of the free? How correct is that really?
    I didn't recommend banning a religion. Personally, I'm utterly against even considering banning Islam or Naziism.

But I'm curious as to the rational of people who would treat them differently under the law.

Well, their different coz one is a religion and the other one is a idiolligy (spelling?).. A democratic country would not take away ones right to practise any religion, but it wouldn't take away ones right to have these extreme opinions either. But, if someone preach anything that go against the laws (such as 'hate against minority group'), then it's not about freedom of speech anymore, it is a crime and can/should be punished.

IMO, you can't have a democrasy without these laws. When I was younger I often asked myself why nobody banned naziism, why they are allowed to demonstrate etc. It's fear that makes one think this way. Today, I may dislike them even more but I don't think banning them would solve anything.

But I'm curious as to the rational of people who would treat them differently under the law.
    This one is for jun_erh

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    their different coz one is a religion and the other one is a idiolligy
    Let's imagine an ideology called Naxiism which is exactly like Naziism in every single way, except it also says "Oh yes, and we do and believe all this because God wants it so."

Is there really any reason to grant Naxiism and Naziism different rights?