You Sheng- definately different from anything ive done thus far in xingyi. same for the single and double palm change and the snake palm change. Havent learned anything else tho as far as Xian Tien.

Okay, cool, now that we have this in the road- what about straightline sets?

Do you feel that any of the straightline sets in Gao Bagua are similar to some xingYi?

There actually seems to be a Pao chuen in the 6th section of the 1st line. The 8th one really just looks like a fancy Zuan chuen...but im not very good with details on that last one. Its been a while since ive gone over Gao Bagua with anyone in detail.

I have only learned the first line and the first technique in the second one. That first technique in the second line seriously looks EXACTLY like it has xingYi Beng chuen in it (in the last strike) though extended.

Anyway, there's other similar motions, but what counts i guess is how these things are very linear, but then not quite linear. Do you end up using these things with circular applications?

I guess, could you say that in bagua you end up using a lot of concepts inside Xingyi but give them a new dimension of movement?

comments?