Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Norwegian right wing party calls for ban on Islamic religion

Islam isn't a crime organization. It's a religion. Exactly what is it about Islam that scares you so much?

You can't police thought but banning an organization based on it's thought is viable especially when the doctrine advocates murder, rape, plunder and pedophelia.
    Alrite, then where exactly does the Qoran advocate murder, rape, plunder and pedophelia? I'm sure you can point out exactly where since you seem to know this, based on facts, right?
    Last edited by Kristoffer; 08-11-2004 at 02:46 AM.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

It's a religion. Exactly what is it about Islam that scares you so much?
    You know, Kris, I'm trying to figure out the same thing too. It seems the US' scare tatics and half-truths are really working. Its going to turn into another Crusade...

Everyone's lookin at global warming, meteors, and such for the end of the world. I think its gonna be result of a war between Christians and Muslims...
    And you guys seem to be warming up the engines and loading the ammo.

What will you gain from the ban of Islam? I gauran-****ing-tee you a helluva lot less than the bad that would come from it. If Islam is such a militant religion what makes you think they'll just go quietly along with the ban of their religion? Wouldn't you just be fulfilling their view of Europeans as facist? Do think terrorism would just die away slowly with Islam...I seriously doubt that friends. A ban would be a horrible idea...it would be like trying to put out a fire with Gasoline and rubbing alcohol...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

I agree ,
    when you take away person rights it only makes them more agressive.
    unless of course you're going to try to commit genocide, which is seriously bad bad karma, i don't care if you believe in it or not.
    there is no way such an offensive act of suppression will quell the terrorist threat.
    but peace talks and negotiations won't work either.
    maybe war is eneviatable , but hopefully we can control the extent.

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    Islam isn't a crime organization. It's a religion.
    This is the question which intrigued me earlier, which I don't think anyone has tried to answer -- and I think is at the core of the issue here.

Should a religion be treated differently than other ideologies or organizations? If so, why?

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    Its going to turn into another Crusade...
    Are we to suppose that the Crusades were entirely ill-conceived?

before cpa lets loose with another "boondocks" inspired corporate marketing slogan

from the New Yorker:

One of the most sobering pieces of information to come out of the investigation of the March 11th bombings is that the planning for the attacks may have begun nearly a year before 9/11. In October, 2000, several of the suspects met in Istanbul with Amer Azizi, who had taken the nom de guerre Othman Al Andalusi—Othman of Al Andalus. Azizi later gave the conspirators permission to act in the name of Al Qaeda, although it is unclear whether he authorized money or other assistance—or, indeed, whether Al Qaeda had much support to offer. In June, Italian police released a surveillance tape of one of the alleged planners of the train bombings, an Egyptian housepainter named Rabei Osman Sayed Ahmed, who said that the operation “took me two and a half years.” Ahmed had served as an explosives expert in the Egyptian Army. It appears that some kind of attack would have happened even if Spain had not joined the Coalition—or if the invasion of Iraq had never occurred.
    “The real problem of Spain for Al Qaeda is that we are a neighbor of Arab countries—Morocco and Algeria—and we are a model of economy, democracy, and secularism,” Florentino Portero, a political analyst at the Grupo de Estudios Estratégicos, in Madrid, told me. “We support the transformation and Westernization of the Middle East. We defend the transition of Morocco from a monarchy to a constitutional monarchy. We are allies of the enemies of Al Qaeda in the Arab world. This point is not clearly understood by the Spanish people. We are a menace to Al Qaeda just because of who we are.”
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

before cpa lets loose with another "boondocks" inspired corporate marketing slogan
    Mad cause I shut you down? I noticed how you failed to retort to my last comment...
    I give two ****s about corporate marketing...whatever that is suposed to mean, but what I do know is your crusade to help spread fear and discontent about the Islamic faith is just as bad as the "facts" you spread about religion. Funny how nobody worried about banning Islam before 9/11

Are we to suppose that the Crusades were entirely ill-conceived?
    What good has arrived out of the war for a plot of "holy" land? Centuries of bad blood between westerners and arabs? I still fail to see how we advanced in setting foot into a hotbed of war...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

“We support the transformation and Westernization of the Middle East."
    And we wonder why they hate us so much...
    We are forcing our way of life on these people. I understand that the rulers are corrupt and kill many people, but this is the will of man...not god!

You cannot analyze the actions of man as the will of god...seeing how your bible says man is imperfect due to sin...seeing how most religions say man is imperfect.
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest

Originally posted by CaptinPickAxe
    What good has arrived out of the war for a plot of "holy" land?
    If you mean what good directly came out of the Crusades, I'd say the defense of Europe counts. If you mean indirectly, then all sorts of stuff -- for example, the Enlightenment.

Originally posted by Kristoffer
    Islam isn't a crime organization. It's a religion. Exactly what is it about Islam that scares you so much?

Alrite, then where exactly does the Qoran advocate murder, rape, plunder and pedophelia? I'm sure you can point out exactly where since you seem to know this, based on facts, right?

Boy you're naive. I guess the worldwide violence, bombings, beheadings, stonings, rape, mutilation, amputations and honor killings commited in the name of the "religion of peace" on a DAILY basis mean nothing to you, as long as they don't happen in YOUR backyard.

Since you asked for specific references, here you go:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/SinaPrologue.htm

http://www.masada2000.org/islam.html

Islam is not a religion, it is a 7'th century death cult based on the rantings of a murderous pedophile prophet and bent on global domination. The current genocide in Sudan is a perfect example of this. I suggest that you and the other P.C. scholar types pull your heads out of your ideological sandbox and see it for what it really is. The French/Canadian policy of appeasing them will NOT work; you give them an inch and they'll demand 50 miles.

BTW, enjoy this evening's broadcast of Al-Jazeera.
    Antonio Banderas's basterd son

Originally posted by Christopher M
    This is the question which intrigued me earlier, which I don't think anyone has tried to answer -- and I think is at the core of the issue here.

Should a religion be treated differently than other ideologies or organizations? If so, why?
    Intelligent question. I'm not sure how to answer it. Junny and Fat Wong will say Islam isn't a religion at all, wich in turn makes me wonder what they define as a religion. IMO a religion is something that people can follow if they want to. But sure, if this religion -be it Islam, Buddhism or christianity is forcing people to follow it then I think that is wrong. I think jun_erh agrees with me on this one. BUT, it's not the religion itself, but the people who follow it that is the problem. Just like CPA said, there's always gonna be people that wants to be in power, and take controll by interpet a text in a wrong way.

Once, the church in my country was more powerful than the king. And you couldn't go against the church. So 'we' took the power away from the church, but still allowed it to preech. Something to think about, no?

Boy you're naive. I guess the worldwide violence, bombings, beheadings, stonings, rape, mutilation, amputations and honor killings commited in the name of the "religion of peace" on a DAILY basis mean nothing to you, as long as they don't happen in YOUR backyard.
    Like I've said many times now, these actions doesn't represent the purpose of Islam, they represent close minded, violent people (sort of like you). They only hide behind the religion

The text by Ali Sina is mostly bullsh1t in my eyes. It's his interpetation of a religion. Just like I can read the bible, see all the ****ed up things that's written there, and say 'hey, if I want to follow this, maybe I should just follow the good stuff and not take everything written here so blindly?'. Also a reason to why I don't follow any religion. Also, you didn't point out where in the qoran you get this crap, u just linked to another idiot who take things out of it's context, interpitating it like he wants to. If you havn't read it then please stop acting like u have a clue.

BTW, enjoy this evening's broadcast of Fox News
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

cpa- your knee jerk political correct bs would fit perfectly under and ad for Nike or MTV. You are like the nightmare creation of some "alternative" ad exec. "Open your Eyes" hahahaha! white rap sucks. now scram the adults are talking. but first. yeah no one was talking about banning islam pre 9/11. Then something happened 9/11 . duh
    I do not ever see Sifu do anything that could be construed as a hula dancer- hasayfu

Originally posted by Big_Phat_Wong

Since you asked for specific references, here you go:

http://www.faithfreedom.org/Articles/SinaPrologue.htm

http://www.masada2000.org/islam.html
    Those are pretty objective sites. My opinion is totally changed. Thanks!

Originally posted by Spark
    Those are pretty objective sites. My opinion is totally changed. Thanks!
    my thoughts exactly

cpa- your knee jerk political correct bs would fit perfectly under and ad for Nike or MTV. You are like the nightmare creation of some "alternative" ad exec. "Open your Eyes" hahahaha! white rap sucks. now scram the adults are talking. but first. yeah no one was talking about banning islam pre 9/11. Then something happened 9/11 . duh
    awwww....the little baby got prooved wrong now he has to make personal attacks on me... How mature and graceful. Funny how you make personal attacks then in the same breath contridict yourself by saying "the adults are talking". Go home, son. Your part in this debate is over. I could careless if you like my "white rap" as you put it (which is a racist remark)...I didn't make it for you. Actually I did, I made it in spite of you to **** you off...and it seems to be doing the job. Also, thanks for the hit on my website, ****, like or not your adding to my ratings.

And for the record, Terroism has been going on for a lot longer than 9/11....And you STILL can't retort to my comment...
    CPA's current P4P List:
    -Bas Rutten
    -Captain Jack Sparrow
    -Cindy Lauper
    -Lester Moonvest