Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: how is it?

how is it?

How is a great idea Wing Chun figher suppose to fight according to you?
    what kind of technics accompany with what kind of power issuing?
    what type of range? how will it look like?.....

care to share what is the vision in your mind?

Just post what you think is your vision on how an Idea Wing Chun figther looks.

care to share?

NO putdown on others please.

Hi Hendrick'
    From whatever position you're in prior to engaging (0*, 20*, 45*..etc.), get busy!! Shawn

Just post what you think is your vision on how an Idea Wing Chun figther looks.
    Like me, but with my broken tooth fixed and even more handsome (as if that were possible!)

There ... I didn't put anyone down (other to imply the obvious, i.e. they are not as handsome as I)
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Re: how is it?

Originally posted by Hendrik
    How is a great idea Wing Chun figher suppose to fight according to you?
    Simplely, directly and effectively.
    Sapere aude, Justin.

The map is not the Terrain.

"Wheather you believe you can, or you believe you can't...You're right." - Henry Ford

How about this one?

http://www.wes.4mg.com/

wcis4me

no accounting for taste I guess

*** resists temptation to post pics from uglypeople.com ***

Seriously, seeking contact, shutting down the opponents ability to strike and defend through positioning and control, and then striking fast hard and furiously until he hits the floor. All done in a few seconds max.

After which WC's "world famous secret" groundfighting techniques come into their own
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

I have to say the ideal WC fighter would be someone using the techniques found in the Wing Chun system in an artistic manner portrayed in (good) martial art films.

Originally posted by anerlich
    wcis4me

no accounting for taste I guess

*** resists temptation to post pics from uglypeople.com ***
    Anerlich you make me laugh
    all I have to say is
    LOL!

On my serious note I agree EXACTLY with what Amanujury said
    "Simplely, directly and effectively"

Hence the people's pictures I posted. Best examples that I know of.

Vicky
    "I've learned....
    That everyone wants to live on top of the mountain, but all the happiness and growth occurs while you're climbing it" (Andy Rooney)

I really like anerlich's response since it provides me with the sense of vision that was asked for in Hendrik's question.

*Bill

like a slipery snake slide into the target without hindarence and do a simple strike.

like a laser sharp blade, sliding cutting into the flesh guiding by the bone into the "heart" elegantly. but not hinderance by the bone

just one elegant slide and one zero time accerelation strike. Just one move.

The slogan.

dropping you while you amaze by my beauty and elegant.

I'll second Hendrik! I feel this kind of terror against those "One"! =)

P.S. I would add that you will never catch on what really hit you. Like a dumb and confounded oak tree, you fell while your ears are still ringing with the sound of a thunderbolt. How did it come to this?
    Last edited by PaulH; 08-17-2004 at 10:19 AM.

The master fighters in the Chinese movies, usually monks, handle the fight by calmly moving out of the line of fire just enough and either hit once to subdue or are able to control and neutralize without hurting. If you can do the without hurting thing, to someone trying to hurt you, then you are truly a master. That's my definition of a master.
    Victoria, British Columbia, Wing Chun

I like Anerlich's, Hendrik's and Ray's posts- all 3 have important elements in them.

A wing chun sifu who I know and is a friend--- did part of his wing chun schooling in HK with Koo Sang. While there he met an elderly "master"(not from the
    IM line)- whose entire pole training involved - no blocking- a subtle body adjustment and a strike. Cant vouch for it but not bad as an ideal..

BTW on the "handsome" vote- the estate of the 3 stooges wouldnt let me nominate Moe as the handsomest wing chun man...but then... men are so ugly!! Compared to Halle berry, Nicole Kidman, Katherine Zeta Jones and the lady who played Yim Wing Chun and was in Crouching Dragon.

Originally posted by Vajramusti
    BTW on the "handsome" vote- the estate of the 3 stooges wouldnt let me nominate Moe as the handsomest wing chun man...but then... men are so ugly!! Compared to Halle berry, Nicole Kidman, Katherine Zeta Jones and the lady who played Yim Wing Chun and was in Crouching Dragon.
    The actress in question is Michelle Yeoh

YongChun wrote:

"The master fighters in the Chinese movies . . . . "

This is fantasy stuff, as is the legends, myths about Shaolin monks, etc. And it is a big problem -- many people get "ideas" of what they think fighting *should be* from fantasy, stories, Bruce Lee movies, etc. and they aspire to that and try and achieve that "look". All that is crap. It is nonsense. That has nothing to do with the reality of fighting.

Instead they should focus on what fighting "is" rather that what they think fighting should "look like" -- it *is* brutal, messy, intense, chaotic, where an opponent is trying their very best to resist you while at the same time pounding you -- and how to cope with what "is." You can only find out what "is" by doing it.

Regards,

Terence