Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: who's goin? 1st traditional kf wushu tourn. in seattle??

who's goin? 1st traditional kf wushu tourn. in seattle??

yeah who's going? i'm going! yay!
    jowgakungfu.com
    shaolinroundtable.com

Thumbs up

I'm going to my Yard!!!, that's about it.
    But you go and have fun.
    Represent!!!

are you healed yet? will you compete?

hmm seattle huh? i want to go there one day. I wonder if the bak shaolin eagle claw people will be there?

you have to learn to provide links tammy.
    Last edited by Shaolinlueb; 08-24-2004 at 08:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I will be there, yay!

See you there Tammy, I hope Sifu Charles Middleton will be there too, love that guy...

Fu Pow and me are gonna paint Seattle Red....

Joe

Volcano has removed himself from this realm
    Account is hijacked, email is fake, password is unrememberable
    No im not drunk or sad

"cos im the TAXMAN!!
    yeah im the TAXMAAAN!!"

I wish I was going but I used my funds for a Sept vacation to Cancun. However my classmates will be there, so there will be a small but potent Hung Fut contingent to participate at and support the tournament.

Seattle

I'm not going because my boss Gigi is going. Should be a good one - here's the link.

Afterwards, who's going to China in October? Looks like I am now. I wasn't going before since Gigi was going, but she decided it was big enough for us both to go.

Starchaser107 - straight outta yard - you gotta kick down the new hot riddems when you get there!
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Blog Entries
    Still thinking about competing.

There will definitely be some of my classmates there to mix it up in the ring.

Definitely will hang with Sow Choy when he comes up....

Hmmmmm..........

wow 3 years and over is considered advanced? yeah some can be good bust most dont look it yet.
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

if somebody traing for 3 years consistently , and not once or twice a week, putting in serious training they should look it at 3 years.
    otherwise if they train occasionally and have long lapses with zero training inbetween then they might not look it.

how do you quantify three years? in a realistic way at least, nothing as extreme as tallying up actual training hours each day and adding them up to see how much time has been spent training.
    and nothing like signing up for class in 2001 and going for 2 months , stop for 8 start again do 6 months and skip 3 months and so on
    at the end is that really 3 years of training either?

Originally posted by Starchaser107
    if somebody traing for 3 years consistently , and not once or twice a week, putting in serious training they should look it at 3 years.
    otherwise if they train occasionally and have long lapses with zero training inbetween then they might not look it.

how do you quantify three years? in a realistic way at least, nothing as extreme as tallying up actual training hours each day and adding them up to see how much time has been spent training.
    and nothing like signing up for class in 2001 and going for 2 months , stop for 8 start again do 6 months and skip 3 months and so on
    at the end is that really 3 years of training either?

i knew someone was gonna say it, maybe i should have typed it first.

Shaolinlueb & SC

Now lets examine the hour or 2 of training...

1. How much of it was talking?

2. How much of it standing around?

3. How much time at the water fountain?

4. How much time helping someone when they should be training?

2 hours class time can equal about 20 minutes of real training for some...

Thats why when someone says I have been training for 20-30 years, I always say cool but think, how often they go to class and so on, lol

So if anyone is competing, don't sweat it... Most blackbelts I have met can not kick above the waist or even step foward and advance properly...

Not knocking another style, but its better to lose in advancee then win in beginner or intermediate, if you are serious... right?

Hope to see some of you there...

Joe

yeah it seems like i'm at the skool training a lot but really a lot of my attention goes to teaching classes. sigh...

well hopefully some theit da jow and theit da fun will help this weakest link. i hafta compete. i'm psyched its my first time i'ved competed on the west coast.

i really look forward to meeting a lot ya guys again. yeup sow choy, sifu charles middleton will be there.

this sucks how this tournament is this weekend. airline tickets are mad expensive and i've got to return monday since school <T.T> commences tuesday.
    jowgakungfu.com
    shaolinroundtable.com

You mean next weekend

It's Labor Day weekend, a hateful time to travel. Although I hear the tournament site is right close to the airport so access is easy and I 've been through SeaTac airport and remember it being fairly unhectic.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

oops thx gene i guess there's a break between my mind and fingers when i type.
    jowgakungfu.com
    shaolinroundtable.com