Thread: Lo Kwong Yuk

Lo Kwong Yuk

Does anyone on this board happen to have a clear photo of lky executing a right supplementary punch in tiger riding stance? It's the first movement in Bung Bo and I believe it was taken at the same time the more famous Bow Sim photo was taken. I had the photo and can't seem to find it now. I was wondering if anyone might be willing to send me a scan via e-mail. If so, please PM me.

Thank you, Pablo.
    PAIN IS WEAKNESS LEAVING YOUR BODY

This if from chinwoomen< was posted here a while ago

http://www.chinwoomen.com/luoguangyu2.html

Just out of curiosity,..does anyone knw his approximate age when these were taken?? He looks to be in his 40's maybe...
    Anyone?
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Thanks Bei, but that's not the one I'm talking about. It's like the one that's always in magazines and people's websites with him in mantis catches cicada but he's facing the other way doing the movement I described.

In case anyone was wondering,....

I was asking because I have never, in the images I have seen of Lo Kwong Yuk, Seen him in stances any lower than this performing Tang LAng Forms. Are these the "Low" stances that were mentioned in the previous thread??
    Master Chan does his stances quite a bit lower than this & he is older than LKY was in these images.
    Any input/info/thoughts would be greatly appreaciated.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Got it.

Loki,

That picture, I believe, was featured in the last issue of the Mantis Quarterly with my article on the twelve keywords. It was taken in 1936. Sifu Carl should have copies of the picture and the article.

For those wishing to see that picture please see:

http://www.mantisquarterly.com/MQ_listarticles2.html

Let me know if I am mistaken.

Hope it helps,

Steve Cottrell

Bei,

Indeed it does show the height of the Tiger Riding Stance. However, I wait to see stances similar to Lin Jingshan's photo offered generously by Piotrj:

http://tanglangmen.com/index.php?mod...orderby=titleA

The height of this Deng Shan Bu stands in sharp contrast to the one commonly-seen in photos of HK mantis practitioners. However, I am quite open to similar historic photographic evidence from the same time period that would indicate to the contrary.
    Last edited by MantisifuFW; 09-04-2004 at 08:43 PM.
    www.mantisquarterly.com
    www.authentickungfu.com

MantisifuFW,

Indeed Sifu has it and gave me a copy but I don't have a scanner right now and I wanted to get a good scan that I could enlarge and perhaps frame it.

Thanks for the link, with your permission I would like to save the jpeg.

Pablo.

Certainly

Loki,

You are welcome to any of them, of course. The pictures on the site have all been "cleaned up" by the editor of the Quarterly and are actually better quality for their resolution than the original.

On our http://www.authentickungfu.com website we also have historical pictures that are intentionally set at higher resoultions than normal for website display so that schools can download and print in order to decorate schools and tell the history of our style.

Please greet Sifu Carl Albright for me when you get the opportunity. I appreciate his support both in the past and now.

Steve Cottrell
    www.mantisquarterly.com
    www.authentickungfu.com