Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to Monkey King in Vancouver

Question What happened to Monkey King in Vancouver

By any chance any one out there know what happened to the GM Chan Sau Chung's school in Vancouver (Richmond), Canada? It appears that they have shut down their school, perhaps moved? Anyone have any info?

dunno. i'm right across the border, and sifu has met GM Chan several times. i'll ask him tonight and post when i'm out of class.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Blog Entries
    RTB, who is your teacher? Sifu Lane by any chance?

nope. david brown. i'm a wing tsun/muaythai/escrima guy.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

Blog Entries
    I see. Just wondering, because I started my kung fu training in Bham at Sifu Lane's. Have you ever met him?

once. the boyfriend of one of my sijes is one of his senior students. did you ever live in b'ham?

Blog Entries
    Yeah for about 3 years. I went to Western for about 1 1/2.

what made you stop? the hippies? the plethora of parking spaces? the fantastic dorm food?

Blog Entries
    I had a little too much fun and they decided they didn't want me there anymore. I finished up at the UW.

That dorm food sure was good though....apparently the girls really liked it....they all put on about 30 lbs in there first year.

Awwww....memories.

ah yes, the freshman 15.

The Monkey King...

is in Hong kong with family, his son Chan Kai Leung is getting married, from what I know...

I will be in vancouver this thursay to meet with some of his students...

Joe

thanks Joe. we'll defer to you and hope you can give us some goodies upon your return.

Any response yet on if the school is closed? Or if they GM Chan moved back to HK. Inquiring minds want to know?
    mono68

Master Chan Sau Chung's brother has just passed a few weeks back. So he is there to take care the white order business.

Master Chan is renovating his school in Vancouver. He has over a hundred students. It will be hard to believe he would pack up and move back to Hong Kong. he will be back in Vancouver in September.

Originally posted by Fu-Pow
    I see. Just wondering, because I started my kung fu training in Bham at Sifu Lane's. Have you ever met him?
    Hey, that's my sifu!
    In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
    In practice, there is.