Thread: M$ gag

Exclamation M$ gag

OMG- look at this

Microsoft has a form on their website that you can fill out to get a copy of Windows XP SP2 on CD at no charge (with free shipping by Purolator).

I ordered one.

Then, at the Order Confirmation screen, I clicked Back, then Refresh, then Retry (since the form had to be posted again). I did this 149 times.

I got 150 order-confirmation emails.

At this point, I figured the monkey sticking the labels on the envelopes would get really familiar with my name and start asking questions, or that they would get wise and send me a box of 150 of them.

So you can imagine my surprise when I get a call from Purolator saying "we have two huge bags of envelopes here for you.....".
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Thanks for increasing the cost of all other Microsoft software.
    Bloodninja: I stomp the ground, and snort, to alert you that you are in my breeding territory.

They have limited it to 10 times now. And besides, even if we exploit say $5,000, which is everyone actually did that, Microsoft wouldn't care. Microsoft makes billions a year, a few hundred, even a few thousand, people online won't effect them.
    I have a signature.