Page 21 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast

Thread: FALUN GONG/Falun Dafa

Falun Dafa day....... Maybe during this festival, there should also be other internal styles like tai chi and bagua. People who train northern styles would be interested in Falun Gong. It helps develop Fa Jing. I think.

May 13, 2005 / NYC

Thanks so much for the link. I also had no idea there was a "day" for Falun gong. I will be marking that day on my calendar.

...things are slowly becoming clearer...
    Embrace your enemy, for he is not - he is just confused.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Your right tug, i know what you mean. Everything happens in the exact order that it needs to. People just have to pay attention.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

Everything happens in the exact order that it needs to. People just have to pay attention.

Basically that is how I made it this far in life, so I agree wholeheartedly.

- It's also my girlfriend's biggest peeve -

See, she thinks I'm just lazy, I always tell her I find peace in stillness.

All I know is that for me - it works.

Thanks to everyone for replying on this topic. I think it's something we all should be increasingly more aware of.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "It is very hard to unleash the dragon and then put it back in the box without being devoured in the process."
    -Sifu Abel

Originally posted by FuXnDajenariht
    Your right tug, i know what you mean. Everything happens in the exact order that it needs to. People just have to pay attention.
    Good point!

Falun Gong is gradually known by the whole world, and at the same time more and more kind people have realized the evil persecution to inocent practitioners is so atrocity, and should be stopped.

Yes, I agree, but how? I don't think there's any petition out there strong enough to wage proper battle against the government.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -Sifu Abel

I think when all the world knows the facts of the evil persecution, the elements of evil would be destroyed.

U.S. House of Representatives Unanimously Passes Resolution Urging Chinese Government to Cease Its Oppression of Falun Gong Practitioners in the United States and in China

At 8pm Eastern Time on October 4, 2004, the House of the Representatives in the U.S. unanimously passed H. Con. Resolution 304, expressing the sense of Congress regarding oppression by the Government of the People's Republic of China of Falun Gong in the United States and in China. The resolution expressed the sense that the Government of the People's Republic of China should immediately stop interfering in the exercise of religious and political freedoms within the United States, such as the right to practice Falun Gong, that are guaranteed by the United States Constitution, cease using the diplomatic missions in the United States to spread falsehoods about the nature of Falun Gong, and release from detention all prisoners of conscience, including practitioners of Falun Gong.

The H. Con. Res. 304 was initiated by Florida Congresswoman Ileana Ros-Lehtinen and co-sponsored by 75 congresspeople. It was unanimously passed yesterday evening (October 4) by the representatives.

The resolution expressed the sense that the president of the United States should take actions such as working more closely with Chinese human rights activists to identify Chinese authorities who have been personally responsible for acts of violence and persecution in the People's Republic of China; and the Attorney General should investigate reports that Chinese consular officials in the United States have committed illegal acts while attempting to intimidate or inappropriately influence Falun Gong practitioners or local elected officials, and, in consultation with the Secretary of State, determine an appropriate legal response.

The full text of the resolution is as below:

108th CONGRESS

2d Session

H. CON. RES. 304

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION
    Expressing the sense of Congress regarding oppression by the Government of the People's Republic of China of Falun Gong in the United States and in China.

HCON 304 EH

108th CONGRESS

2d Session

H. CON. RES. 304

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CONCURRENT RESOLUTION
    Whereas Falun Gong is a peaceful spiritual movement that originated in the People's Republic of China but has grown in popularity worldwide and is now accepted and practiced by thousands in the United States;

Whereas demonstrations by Falun Gong practitioners in the People's Republic of China and the United States have been peaceful, meditative sessions;

Whereas the Constitution of the People's Republic of China provides to the citizens of that country freedom of speech, assembly, association, and religious belief;

Whereas members of the Falun Gong spiritual movement, members of Chinese pro-democracy groups, and advocates of human rights reform in the People's Republic of China have been harassed, libeled, imprisoned, and beaten for demonstrating peacefully inside that country;

Whereas the Chinese Government has also attempted to silence the Falun Gong movement and Chinese prodemocracy groups inside the United States;

Whereas on June 12, 2003, 38 Members of Congress filed an Amended Brief of Amicus Curiae in support of the Falun Gong at the United States District Court, Northeastern District of Illinois, Eastern Division;

Whereas Chinese consular officials have pressured local elected officials in the United States to refuse or withdraw support for the Falun Gong spiritual group;

Whereas Dr. Charles Lee, a United States citizen, has reportedly been mentally and physically tortured since being detained by Chinese authorities in early 2003;

Whereas the apartment of Ms. Gail Rachlin, the Falun Gong spokeswoman in the United States, has been broken into 5 times by agents of the Chinese regime since the regime banned Falun Gong in 1999 in China;

Whereas over the past 5 years China's diplomatic corps has been actively involved in harassing and persecuting Falun Gong practitioners in the United States;

Whereas on June 23, 2003, Falun Gong practitioners were attacked outside a Chinese restaurant in New York City by local United States-based individuals with reported ties to the Chinese Government;

Whereas 5 Falun Gong practitioners were assaulted outside of the Chinese Consulate in Chicago on September 7, 2001, while exercising their constitutionally protected rights to free speech, leading to battery convictions in Cook County Criminal Court of Jiming Zheng on November 13, 2002, and Yujun Weng on December 5, 2002, both assailants being members of a Chinese-American organization in Chicago, the Mid-USA Fujian Township Association, which maintains close ties with the Chinese Consulate;

Whereas individuals that physically harassed Falun Gong practitioners in San Francisco on October 22, 2000, were later seen at anti-Falun Gong meetings and the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco;

Whereas San Francisco City Supervisor Chris Daly, after receiving complaints that Chinese officials were intimidating his constituents, authored a resolution condemning human rights violations and persecution of Falun Gong members by the Chinese Government;

Whereas Mr. Daly and the other members of the San Francisco City Council subsequently received a letter from the Chinese Consul General in San Francisco, claiming that Falun Gong was an 'evil cult' that was undermining the 'normal social order' in the People's Republic of China, and that Mr. Daly's resolution should therefore be rejected, which it subsequently was;

Whereas in November 2000, the former Mayor of Saratoga, California, Stan Bogosian, issued a proclamation honoring the contributions of Falun Gong practitioners to the Saratoga community, which prompted the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco to write to Mr. Bogosian urging him to retract his support for local Falun Gong activities;

Whereas many local and national media organizations have reported that other local officials across the United States, including the mayors of several major cities, have been pressured by Chinese consular officials to recant statements of support for the Falun Gong;

Whereas journalists have cited fear of hurting trade relationships as the motivation for some local United States officials to recant their support for Falun Gong after receiving pressure from Chinese consular officials; and

Whereas the Constitution of the United States guarantees freedom of religion, the right to assemble, and the right to speak freely, and the people of the United States strongly value protecting the ability of all people to live without fear and in accordance with their personal beliefs: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the House of Representatives (the Senate concurring), That it is the sense of Congress that--

(1) the Government of the People's Republic of China should--

(A) immediately stop interfering in the exercise of religious and political freedoms within the United States, such as the right to practice Falun Gong, that are guaranteed by the United States Constitution;

(B) cease using the diplomatic missions in the United States to spread falsehoods about the nature of Falun Gong;

(C) release from detention all prisoners of conscience, including practitioners of Falun Gong, who have been incarcerated in violation of their rights as expressed in the Constitution of the People's Republic of China;

(D) immediately end the harassment, detention, physical abuse, and imprisonment of individuals who are exercising their legitimate rights to freedom of religion, including the practices of Falun Gong, freedom of expression, and freedom of association as stated in the Constitution of the People's Republic of China; and

(E) demonstrate its willingness to abide by international standards of freedom of belief, expression, and association by ceasing to restrict those freedoms in the People's Republic of China;

(2) the President should, in accordance with section 401(a)(1)(B) of the International Religious Freedom Act of 1998 (22 U.S.C. 6401(a)(1)(B)), and with the intention of dissuading the Chinese Government from attempting to stifle religious freedom in the People's Republic of China and the United States, take action such as--

(A) issuing an official public demarche, a formal protest, to the Chinese Foreign Ministry in response to the repeated violations by the Chinese Government of basic human rights protected in international covenants to which the People's Republic of China is a signatory; and

(B) working more closely with Chinese human rights activists to identify Chinese authorities who have been personally responsible for acts of violence and persecution in the People's Republic of China;

(3) the Attorney General should investigate reports that Chinese consular officials in the United States have committed illegal acts while attempting to intimidate or inappropriately influence Falun Gong practitioners or local elected officials, and, in consultation with the Secretary of State, determine an appropriate legal response; and

(4) officials of local governments in the United States should--

(A) in accordance with local statutes and procedures, recognize and support organizations and individuals that share the goals of all or part of the local community, including Falun Gong practitioners; and

(B) report incidents of pressure or harassment by agents of the People's Republic of China to Members of Congress, the Attorney General, and the Secretary of State.
    Passed the House of Representatives October 4, 2004.

Falun Dafa: A Brief Introduction

Read here please
    http://www.faluninfo.net/
    Last edited by Juna; 02-06-2015 at 07:48 AM.

Jun
    you seem pretty knowledgeable about this subject. Just out of curiousity why is it that the government is forbidding the practice of this art?
    As I have heard it is more of a cult following and not a true qigong skill. Your thoughts?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Falun Dafa has grown to become the most popular form of qigong ever in Chinese history
    Falun Dafa's effectiveness in improving health and its profound principles have quickly made the practice immensely popular throughout the entire world.
    is it possible for you to back this statement up with facts of some sort?

Do your stubby midget fingers prevent you from using Google?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Dont you think your leader is a bit on the eccentric side tho? ie: crazy as batsh!t? I mean people having their freedom is the most important thing in the world to me, but its kinda hard or rather impossible to defend some of the things he says..... I still support Falun Gong though even tho i dont practice it. How could you not when their being murdered by the hundreds? But i think hes hurting more than helping your cause.... Reading some of the things he says it easy to agree that the guy thinks he's a "god" but Falun Gong is supposed to not be a religion at all. Its easy to be painted as a cult when Li goes on about aliens and flying in Time magazine of all places. Some things were always best left unsaid for a reason... It really in an ideal world would be irrevelant what someone believes in, but if the PR propoganda machine gets to most people first, its near impossible for you to win them over....thats just ignorance for ya....

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There are more than one Budda. There are more than one dharma. There are more than one path to enlightenment.

There are more than one school or style of Wushu.

There are more than one way to cross the river of the life and to get to the other shore.

Qi gong started with Daoist practices to cultivate Qi and health over 4200 years ago in China not in the '90. Buddhism appeared 2500 years ago in India.

Ba Duan Jin is most widely practiced Qi gong since Song Dynasty.

Chan Buddhism is the most widely practiced Buddhism in the world and not Fa lun.

Please describe why Fa Lun Qi gong is the best over Da Duan Jin, Yi Jin Jing, Tai Ji Qi Gong or Wu Dang Tong Tzi Gong, Taiyan Qi gong, Ba Gua and Xing Yi Qi Gong on and on.

Why Fa Lun is the path better than Tibetan, Chan, diamond sutra, mantra etc.

Many people are listening.

Last edited by SPJ; 10-21-2004 at 08:05 AM.

Or Falun >shaolin?

Or Falun> Da Lai Lama?

Politics Aside

Regardless of the politics associated with Falun, Its a great set of ChiGong excercises. My teacher showed me the same (almost) forms about 7 years ago and refered to them as the Great Law Wheel Chi Gung Set.
    At a boy Luther!!!!