Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad attitude in the leung ting organization?

To andrew and iblis

Not sure if I've met either one of you but thank you for giving me information constructive to alleviating my problem. I look for good going guys to train with and must respect them as people even if their skills exceed mine.

My current training all (when I can get down there) is Phet Phongsavane's on hillcrest and bab****. Mostly a muay thai crowd, but all good guys and they train hard. He's got MMA guys there too, and "traditional" self defense style, and of course pure muay thai. I think Im the only guy affiliated with him with heavy chinese MA background.

I train there because one, I've known Pete for a long time, he can still kick the crap outta me, and he is well respected and very good guy in every sense of the word.

I pretty much go in there and use his other guys as training partners to see how my hands do against the MMA guys and the MT guys. My wrist is still broken, healing very very slowly. So Ive been absent for some time. As soon as it heals up completely where I can take my training back to it's normal levels (as far as contact is concerned) I will look up the embas guys.

Can either of you two give me contact info for the guys on broadway? Thanks.
    "I don't know if anyone is known with the art of "sitting on your couch" here, but in my eyes it is also to be a martial art.

It is the art of avoiding dangerous situations. It helps you to avoid a dangerous situation by not actually being there. So lets say there is a dangerous situation going on somewhere other than your couch. You are safely seated on your couch so you have in a nutshell "difused" the situation."

Hey Van, u can give me an email at iblis73 at yahoo dot com. Ebmas website has a listing of all instructor contacts.
    As regards Parker the only negative you will hear about the guy is personality wise.....I wont go into it on a public board. He is however quite talented and all his skill has been gotten from hard work. He is in my opinion the best of the 4 tgs in the LT org here in the US. He is probably the most athletic. If you cant do ebmas i'd say go with parker. He aint perfect but hey neither am I (so i've been told, personally I think I'm stupendous

Also van, if your into mma theres a terrific new school-vasquez academy on rhapsody rd. Hes affiliated with vasquez academy of austin, a hotbed of talented grapplers, boxers and kickboxers......i talked to the owner, ray, and hes super cool and super laid back......definately not a crazy, wacko or egotistical maniac. Plan on seeing some serious talent come outta there.....hes a purple belt under renzo and a judo brown, also has mma and kickboxing classes. I took a months worth of classes and phets, hes a great person and good instructor.