Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IQ and Race

Originally posted by IronFist
    Actually, tests have revealed that different breeds of dogs have different levels of intelligence. I believe Border Collie was at the top and Poodle was at the bottom. It may have been Afghan Hound, tho, I forgot which.

The point is, tho, it's hard to test a dog's IQ because of a dog's unwillingness to take a test. You have to structure it such that the dog wants to pass the test (usually "get the food"), but has to use some thinking to do so.

Factors such as a dog's mood or demeanor may influence the outcome.
    Dude... that test is lame. Why? Cos people call it "inteligence" test.
    Well, its not an inteligent test -> it is an obediance and willingness to follow work orders test

haha so maybe poodles are badass nobody's ***** rebels..

Does anyone else hate .pdf files on the web?
    I saw a talk that Tim Berners-Lee ( http://www.w3.org/People/Berners-Lee/ ) gave at the Python 2003 conference in DC, and he wanted to make RTF files on the web and web everything, communicating everything. At least PDF files are supported easily on pretty much every platform and OS.

The problem is having a document with all those document abilities in a portable format. Now if only people would use OpenOffice ( http://openoffice.org ) instead of Microsoft Office suite, then it would really be nice
    My school: http://pailumwarrior.com/

Originally posted by FuXnDajenariht
    haha so maybe poodles are badass nobody's ***** rebels..

actually if i recall they did pretty good on that test... like 2nd or 3rd

Originally posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    why do i have to have a smaller *****?
    yeah me too, but im taller and heavier than you... so its proportionally even more bad-er

I havn't had any interest in reading either this thread or the article although I might later.

Someone posted that blacks dominate sports in America? Well that doesn't mean blacks are better at sport. Look who won the world championschip in basketball - the Yugoslavians. Which country aside from USA took most gold medals in the Olympics? Japan and Russia. So there, that's represtentatives from basically all races on the earth.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Originally posted by MoreMisfortune
    Dude... that test is lame. Why? Cos people call it "inteligence" test.
    Well, its not an inteligent test -> it is an obediance and willingness to follow work orders test
    It wasn't an obedience test. They had to dogs do some problem solving and stuff to see what they could do and how they did compared to other dogs given the same problem.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

dude, the test of the dude Stanley Coren is test of "Inteligence of Obedience and Work" - note im translating this from what i got in portuguese from an article based on what the dude did so if you find in english the terms might be lil diferent.

"Graduations from 1 to 10 - Corespondent ot the best dogs in terms of inteligence and obedience for work. Most of the dogs of this races start to show signs of comprehension of simple comands after 5 repetitions and dont need too much pratice to keep this comands..."

And so on, aight?

http://www.dogtimes.com.br/inteligencia.htm

OK

Mickey, OK, gotcha. Timing could have been better, you're right. But I actually wanted to take some attention of the presidential elections as that thread is starting to get a little personal. Then again, this could get even more personal, but somehow I trust these guys more than that, so I think the "new low" was a little premature. But I might have to take that back. But I doubt it

At any rate, that study was 2000, here's the same guy 2002. Notice the slightly changed tone?

http://www.ssc.uwo.ca/psychology/fac...Newsletter.pdf

Mika
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

Originally posted by MoreMisfortune

actually if i recall they did pretty good on that test... like 2nd or 3rd
    aaaah poodles still suck then...

fight da man!