Thread: Rebreakable bricks

Question Rebreakable bricks

I just got a strong strength rebreakable brick. I just wanted to know, are they in anyway comparable to a real brick for strength measurement?
    After about 15 strikes, to my suprise, I broke it.
    I had to breath and send the chi to my hands to do it, but I did it. It wasnt that easy for me.
    Anywho if after getting good at this thing would it be advisable to start hitting bricks.

Thx
    Heruktiang

If you are scared to hit a brick... put a phone book on top of it at first.... it won't hurt so bad.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

do you break bricks?
    if so how long did you train to be able to do it?

I've never used a rebreakable brick, but I've used a rebreakable board - seemed just as easy to break as the normal boards we used to get in for breaking practice.

As far as real bricks go, I find a single brick rather easy to break. It's got all to do with technique, focus and intent. It really doesn't seem to take that much actual exertion to break one.

That said, it takes a good amount of intelligent training to get your striking areas to a point where they can break multiple bricks often without damage to the body. You'll want to develop thicker skin, denser bones and thicker fascia in addition to maintaining form, technique, focus and intent.

I agree with you on the training aspeck
    Ive never actualy tried to break a real brick
    does it matter much on the kind of red or clay brick or a recoendded place to get them?

Thx
    Heruktiang

Originally posted by Heruktiang
    do you break bricks?
    if so how long did you train to be able to do it?
    about 10 minutes
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Originally posted by Heruktiang
    I agree with you on the training aspeck
    Ive never actualy tried to break a real brick
    does it matter much on the kind of red or clay brick or a recoendded place to get them?

Thx
    Heruktiang
    Yep, different brick types have different properties. But really, one brick is easy no matter what kind (short of steel re-inforced, etc, be reasonable). It's the training for multiple bricks and then the control for breaking particular bricks in a stack that's the interesting stuff.

Bwicks don hit back!
    "i can barely click the link. but i way why stop drinking .... i got ... moe .. fcke me ..im out of it" - GDA on Traditional vs Modern Wushu
    ---------------------------------------------
    but what if the man of steel hasta fight another man of steel only that man of steel knows kung fu? - Kristoffer
    How do you think monks/strippers got started before the internet? - Gene Ching
    Find your peace in practice. - Gene Ching

Yeah, but they hurt your hand if your hands aren't conditioned and it doesn't break the first time....lol
    practice wu de