Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ATTN: New Authentic Shaolin Kung Fu School

We work only on appoinments.
    And I'm sure the phone's ringing off the hook.

FWIW, my instructor won "world kung fu championships" in HK in 1982/83. He's only a 7th Level master, not 18th, but that's as far as the grading system goes.

One of my sidais was a Gold Medallist in the World Masters Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships in Rio this year.

We don't work on appointments, but maybe we've not reached the same exalted level yet.

BTW, what's this "Wing Chung" stuff?

I'm sure this guy's done it tough and has skills, but the cult of personality type advertising tends to insult the intelligence.

Good luck.
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

To all the people who had question I'll answer them as I try to remember.

There's only one style of Wing Chung

Karate belt really only goes up to 8 the 9th and 10 was just implemented for lets say business.

In Kung Fu there's really no belts but you have to equate to another system for business reason.

He's in the 18th chamber out of 36 which for business means 18th degree actually really higher though
    @ our blue belt we should be were a black belt in another system

He started training at 4

He has also trained for several years (sorry is i miss spell there names) but people you would/should know

Maurice Smith
    Johnny Pere

He won a gold medal in 1987 in Singapore

Any other questions?

Yes,

is the Kool-Aid that good?
    BreakProof BackŪ Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Eventually he will figure it out.
    "I could kick CXW's @ss"
    t_niehoff, KFO, 10 October 2004

Originally posted by wiseman299

Any other questions?

Where does his "Wing Chung" come from? What is his lineage? Where did he train? This is after all, a Wing Chun forum. I don't think he learned it in Tibet.

Keith

Originally posted by wiseman299

He's in the 18th chamber out of 36
    I think I remember that one , is that were he has to run across the floating logs and not fall in the water so he can have his bowl of rice
    If the truth hurts , then you will feel the pain

Do not follow me, because if you do, you will lose both me and yourself....but if you follow yourself, you will find both me and yourself

You sound rather pompous Ernie! -- by Yung Chun
    http://wslglvt.com

I have to register the shaking of my head at what I just read at the beginning of this thread

I hope Wiseman299, gets wise to the lies
    To learn and from time to time to apply what one has learned -- isn't that a pleasure? ---- Confucius

MAKE TRADE FAIR
    www.maketradefair.com

Maurice Smith
    You provide proof of this, and I won't call bull****. Otherwise, smells suspiciously of poo.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

MP- A question.

Maurice Smith in his match with Coleman was taken to the ground by Coleman and later Smith turned the tables with devastating MT type of knee kicks.

While on the ground Smith was successful in preventing Coleman's choke with a little hand move used as a wedge. Till then I had not seen any UFC types use that move.The move came very naturally to him and dint seem to be a mainstay NT or JJ move.

What is Smith's complete background including his early years?

PS. Merry Christmas to you Merryprankster and all folks on this forum.
    Last edited by Vajramusti; 12-24-2004 at 09:01 AM.

Joy,

Not sure what his total background is. I do know he trained extensively on ground defense and how to get back up.

Using your hand as a block on a choke is fairly common, and one of the first things taught in any submission-type training. Coleman is also not the world's greatest submission artist.

Wow, that UFC was a long time ago....
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

Talking

Was ignoring this thread until about ten minutes ago. Just read through it.

And it's hilarious.

And MP's quote of Maurice Smith about "smells of poo" made me fall off my chair !!!

Oh...man....There's nothing like Christmas/New Year's comedy!

Really puts a smile on my face.

Mo smith used to corner frank shamrock. I think Shamrock taught him sub wrestling and he taught Frank S Muay thai. Both benefited from the others help methinks.
    'In the woods there is always a sound...In the city aways a reflection.'

'What about the desert?'

'You dont want to go into the desert'

- Spartan

maurice smith

Spent a lot of time training with the Lion's Den, either Ken or Frank Shamrock to learn about "staying alive" if he was taken down and getting back up again to use his primary skills.

That is what helped him in his first NHB fight at the EFC against Conan Silveria. Mo was taken down, survived there, got back up and HAMMERED Conan with his Muay Thai skills.

Crosstraining in grappling saves the day yet again. Gave Mo the ability to survive in that range and get back to his primary skillset and use them at opportune time.
    David Williams
    http://www.wingchun.com
    Kim sut, Lok ma, Ting yu, Dung tao, Mai jiang

planetwc wrote:

Crosstraining in grappling saves the day yet again. Gave Mo the ability to survive in that range and get back to his primary skillset and use them at opportune time.

**A few observations -- first, every single person who actually fights/trains with trained MMAists has found it necessary to train in ground defense regardless of their style; second, every single person who actually fights/trains with MMAists has found it necessary to train in BJJ regardless of their style (even champoin wrestlers train BJJ to be able to deal with it); third, one doesn't need to become a highly skilled groundfighter to adequately deal with a groundfighter just as one doesn't need to become a highly skilled boxer to adequately deal with a boxer in stand-up (lots of BJJ practitioners train boxing, not to become good boxers but to learn how to deal with the boxer -- avoid their punches and get the shoot).

poo aside...

...we've been discussing this spam ad over on this Shaolin forum thread - check it out. It's poo-free so far.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart