Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Pause for thought

Yes, you are right. When people hunt tigers in a group they do that. If you to go into a jungle alone for a hunt it would be a different technique. If you let the tiger know where you are it will evade you or kill you. If you are hunting alone you have to use an "ambush" approach. Even hunting deer. You can drive them in a group or if you are alone yor have to play a waiting game. You have never hunted, have you?

For a challenge you usually dont take a group of guys to attack just one person. That would be alot easier.

Wolfen

The scenerio you described with the kung fu guys in the park with thier "spot" is no differnet than what happens in the USA with crack dealers and pimps. Try to take a dealer or pimps corner and see what happens.

I like to think that martial artists have a little more control.

I dont know who you train with in taiwan but this tainan guy seems like a good leader and martial artist, maybe you see about training with him.

Tainan

Thanks for sharing your experiences. Sounds like you have a good time and do a great job sharing your art.

Wolfen

I agree with your kung fu sister

Most people dont get my goat, it is a fast little sucker

Wolfen

Now I understand what you are saying.

Good points.

You are right I dont live there and it is harder for me to understand and even harder for you to explain a culture with a few lines over the net.

Have a good day or evening which ever pertains to you

Funny you mention about people taking my spot under the big tree in the park.
    This has happened very many times. I don't even think that people knew it was "my" place.

What do I do?
    I speak nicely and make a new friend.

Yep, same has happened for me. A Tai Chi class that got displaced showed up in my spot. I had been using that part of the park for maybe 5 years by then. I talked to the teacher, saying "I think we will need to share this space." He moved his class to an adjacent area. Our two groups get along fine

I had some little kids in the class. I found out afterwards that they thought there was going to be a big showdown to fight for the space. I had a good laugh over that

N.

Whoo! Whoo!

Egad!
    For a second i thought i had logged onto "Al Jazerra" website!
    That was not sympathy but an expression of political hatred. - WOLFEN

Hop on the logical-thought train and ride it all the way to the end, will ya? Maybe you shouldn't have dropped out of high school.

What was the topic again??

Please get back to it, or this one closes too.
    How many identities does a Troll need?
    Didn't think I knew did you??
    I know a lot of things.
    You won't like me in person either.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Shanghai

You sound like an nice boy and I understand that you are a caring loving soul.

My posts are about personal challenges.

I brought up the war because that would be the ultimate personal challenge for yourself. This is my opinion of course.

I told you fight for either side. I dont care which side. it would be a challenge.

I feel challenges are somewhat childish. There are enough big problems in life.

I feel a better personal challenge to yourself would be and go help people in south asia. That would be much more difficult a task than beating or being beaten. (meaning "you" in general not you in particular kid)

To close, most people will not challenge someone that they think can beat them.

If you want a challege go up to the biggest wwf guy you can find and fight him.

Thats all I have to say about that.

I agree bei, about time to lock this one down.

Some of these guys should be posting on the political board, the main kung fu forum
    Last edited by sayloc; 01-04-2005 at 06:43 AM.

Practice these arts because you love them, or because you gain from the experience.
    If you look for bloodshed, you can find it almost anywhere, and there are much quicker avenues to it that don’t require so much of your free time.
    I don’t post very often, primarily because I have little to say, but I will say this (trying not to err on the improper side)…
    Think carefully about the discussion on matters of war, or you may find yourself circling back on yourself.
    Though you may decry the horrors of war and its corresponding faceless technological components (as an aside it is misleading to connote that phosphorous is a “chemical weapon” its primary function is its usage as “tracer” rounds to zero in vehicle mounted or squad based automatic weaponry, thermite is a much more effective incendiary ) think what we hold in our hand every time we pick up those long curved Chinese blades. That is old military tech. Who are we to also assume got the bad end of horse mounted heavy pole arms?
    My childhood best friend just returned from Iraq, and though he is proud of his service (he served as a scout/sniper so to describe his actions as being faceless or impersonal would be quite wrong) his life will never be the same. Take a good look at my sig, because I think a lot can be learned from that silly mel gibson film.
    Plus “Master” was one of the little people in Tod Browning’s 1928 classic “Freaks”

In the end I will say, that we may talk a long talk here, but -to paraphrase my father- “those that do, don’t talk about it”.
    selah
    Listen on..... listen on...... This is the truth of it..... fighting leads to killing ... killing gets to waring and that was d**n near the death of us all....... look at us now.... busted up and everyone talking about hard rain...... but we've learned by the dust of 'em all....... Bartertowns learned !!! Now when 2 men get to fighting it happens here..... and it finishes here........ 2 men enter.....1 man leaves..... And right now I got 2 men....... 2 men with a gut full of fear...... Ladies and Gentlemen........ boys and girls....... DYIN' TIMES HERE!!!!!!!!!

"those that do, don`t talk about it"

devout

Always good to read your posts. Military Men in my family did not speek about war. I always learned their stories thru the wives, my Aunts! What Heros my Uncles were! My life is so simple... compared!

Originally posted by shanghai_kid

However, generally speaking I cannot make any sense of your post so i'm not sure how to reply.
    You know,..if you're not sure,...why bother??

Why did all the Pel students (& pel himself) remove their posts? Just to start up the same old negativism all over again?? Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything or anyone??
    I know a lot of things.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Ye Gods…

Truce please, I have no intention of making enemies real or imagined anywhere, and I am sorry to ruffle your feathers. My apologies indeed. In my opinion, and copious past experience, pontification is the hallmark of online forums, and was just following suit. Again, my bad.

I do truly enjoy the practice of Chinese Martial arts, and have my own difficulties in separating it at times from a pragmatic and tactical format, as I have spent some time developing this skill set. Of course that makes me no different than scores of other Americans. I guess on one level my post was an effort to “fake it before I make it” in an attempt to essay someone into stepping away from the hostile. Again my mistake.

On a personal level, I do not blame you whatsoever for failing to grasp the content of my message, as I am not a native English speaker. I am from 51 Peagasi B ( and extra-solar planet orbiting 51 Pegasi in the constellation Pegasus) and our entire language is devised of a combination of circumlocution, obfuscation, nay saying, logical fallacies, and empty rhetoric.

But fear not Earthlings, I will soon make available full sentence diagrams of all my former posts with optional logic proofreading functions based on my newly patented “object oriented” logic format. This allows the user to parse through different “types” and “classes” of apologetics, and reuse the code in their own applications. It will be available on my website soon.

And as an aside to your aside, we are both wrong about MMBT, the film actually belonged to Angry Anderson, who portrayed Iron Bar with such vim and honesty, that all men could grow from his shining example.

Selah
    Listen on..... listen on...... This is the truth of it..... fighting leads to killing ... killing gets to waring and that was d**n near the death of us all....... look at us now.... busted up and everyone talking about hard rain...... but we've learned by the dust of 'em all....... Bartertowns learned !!! Now when 2 men get to fighting it happens here..... and it finishes here........ 2 men enter.....1 man leaves..... And right now I got 2 men....... 2 men with a gut full of fear...... Ladies and Gentlemen........ boys and girls....... DYIN' TIMES HERE!!!!!!!!!

ET Phone Home

"I am from 51 Peagasi B ( and extra-solar planet orbiting 51 Pegasi in the constellation Pegasus) and our entire language is devised of a combination of circumlocution, obfuscation, nay saying, logical fallacies, and empty rhetoric." - DEVOUT

That must be the same planet Reverend Jesse Jackson is from.

Re: ET Phone Home

Originally posted by HouZiPiGu
    "I am from 51 Peagasi B ( and extra-solar planet orbiting 51 Pegasi in the constellation Pegasus) and our entire language is devised of a combination of circumlocution, obfuscation, nay saying, logical fallacies, and empty rhetoric." - DEVOUT

That must be the same planet Reverend Jesse Jackson is from.

ROFLMAO!!!!!

Seriously though,...back on topic (please!)
    I know a lot of things.
    Confused?? Don't be.
    LOL!

Im a "Pel" student,
    and I didnt delete my posts(too few to count)
    and i can be positive:
    ..Thanks for the amusement!..

ugh... you win... I'll go home now
    Last edited by devout; 01-09-2005 at 03:12 AM.