Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: OT: Prediction: Nuclear War for 05.

i aint jewish or nuthin but actually i believe chanukah has more to do with the miracle god performed in the temple after the battle. you know the whole only enough candle oil for one day and it ending up somehow being enough for 6 more.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

I dare you to make less sense!

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

well, that too ... I'm becoming forgetful just trying to respond to some of the inane statements on this thread. (hey mods, can ya erase this inflammatory crap alrady?)
    Zvika

Good website for this stuff.

http://www.fmep.org/maps/

There's like...REAL information here. Not bull**** "oppressor" propaganda, or mindless Israeli rantings that "there's no such thing as a Palestinian."

I particularly like the Taba maps. So close....then Arafat shut it all down....
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

um, actually, that's hardly a religious holiday. More similar to israel independence day. Relgious holidays are those in the bible. Nice try, no cigar
    well it certainly isn't as important as Rosh Hashana or Yom Kippur which are th "high holy days" it is celebrated by jews in home and in synagogue...so...

lol. nice try yourself.

you are so full of **** on this one and you friggin know it.

You shoulda stfu when you were able to. but your stupid pride got the best of you.

dum dee dum, still waiting for this stupid ****ing thread to disappear ... dum dee doo, dee dum dum dum.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

aww dont be a killjoy

no ones making ya post.

i always look at it this way. you can tell the ****heads with their fingers in their asses from the rest, with an actual functioning brainstem.

"better to reside in hell knowing the truth than to be blissfully ignorant in heaven."

"Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job."- Doug Adams

"Freeze?! You know if i drop the tooth fairy i'm only gettin' started mother****er!"

"It's called the American dream because you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

also, what exactly is the difference between conspiracy and speculation zim
    Inexactly, I'd say the difference goes a little like:
    speculation- What's the likelihood of x event?
    conspiracy- Its them jooos/oligarchs/arabs/neocons that're behind x event.
    Like so
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

bwahahahahahaha.

New york is responsible?

those *******s!

zim, what i'm saying is there is a fine almost undecernable line between what people speculate here and what conspiracy theories are built upon.

yes, they are two different things...at least according to my dictionary, but it seems that conspiracy theory is often considered legitimate speculation and vice versa here and elsewhere on the net.

Trouble these days is there is so much spin thrown on everything that is filtered out to us in any media in any form that unless you are directly connected to any direct action, it is impossible to know the truth of anything beyond what a sports score is and which celebrity is breaking up with which other celebrity these days.

btw and fwiw, I watch Larry King on CNN and that's it.
    I can't even watch Canadian news anymore it is so saturated with bias and opinion like everywhere else. I would say that Fox is the pinnacle of bias and opinionation though. Man, those guys go overboard!
    Last edited by Kung Lek; 01-09-2005 at 05:31 PM.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Speculation is something along the lines of:

"Gosh, we don't really exactly know what happened. Maybe it was this or this."

Conspiracy is:

"The Jews were behind 9/11"

"3,000 Jews who worked at the WTC were notified that the attacks were going to happen. The Jews must have done it."

"A missile hit the Pentagon."

"The U.S. went to war for halliburton."

"A Dingo ate my baby," etc.

I would also say that a defining characteristic of a conspiracy and the attendent theorist is "belief." As in, even though available evidence demonstrates that the theory and the theorist are full of malarky, they choose to believe it anyway.
    "In the world of martial arts, respect is often a given. In the real world, it must be earned."

"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. "--Bertrand Russell

"Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. "--Benjamin Disraeli

"A conservative government is an organised hypocrisy."--Benjamin Disraeli

"A Dingo ate my baby,"
    Now you're just speculating....
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Merry-

The 911 thing is still a huge flap all over the place and the problem is exactly the evidence. This in turn has fueled wilder and wilder conspiracy theories.

If everything and I mean Everything was put on the table, it would probably shut down a lot of the conspiracy theories.

despite the commision report, there is still a lot of unanswered questions about that day. At the very least we know that someone is not forthcoming.

I mean, I understand why the Bin Ladens were flown out of the States. Probably had a lot to do with not wanting a lynch mob wasting them. But the immediacy of it was weird and it's never been spoken to as to the motivation for the whitehouse to do that so quickly following the event.

It is because of these loose ends that these "theories" exist and as long as they are not credibly spoken to by the authorities, the authorities in question will not be out from under the burden of incredulity they are under.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

i dont think 99.9% of the population including myself, even knew that the Bin Ladens stayed here let alone where they were located.

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    Merry-

The 911 thing is still a huge flap all over the place and the problem is exactly the evidence. This in turn has fueled wilder and wilder conspiracy theories.

If everything and I mean Everything was put on the table, it would probably shut down a lot of the conspiracy theories.

despite the commision report, there is still a lot of unanswered questions about that day. At the very least we know that someone is not forthcoming.

I mean, I understand why the Bin Ladens were flown out of the States. Probably had a lot to do with not wanting a lynch mob wasting them. But the immediacy of it was weird and it's never been spoken to as to the motivation for the whitehouse to do that so quickly following the event.

It is because of these loose ends that these "theories" exist and as long as they are not credibly spoken to by the authorities, the authorities in question will not be out from under the burden of incredulity they are under.

Ok bare minimum here. At a bare minimum, with normal US defences, the 3rd airplane would not have been able to hit the Pentagon. This is going by BARE MINIMUM of course. Either security was SO HORRIBLE that things like this can just happen, or more likely, someone turned off some section of the security for about 2 hours that morning.

"I'll take 'summarizing the main questions of the 9/11 Commission' for 300, Alex."

Here's a fun one.
    I'm a New Media Professional.
    Last edited by ZIM; 01-10-2005 at 12:41 PM.
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Originally posted by ZIM
    "I'll take 'summarizing the main questions of the 9/11 Commission' for 300, Alex."

Here's a fun one.
    I'm a New Media Professional.

Which Survivor of the Impending Nuclear Apocalypse Are You?
    It's not unusual to survive my, my, myyyyyy apocalypse, because you're everybody's favourite Welshman,

Tom Jones!

I'm Motherfunkin Tom Jones....baby

Kung Lek - Richard Clark authortized their departure... Which but one of dozens of factual errors in Farenheit 911 - when Moore attributed this to Bush.

These guys are high rollers, and known to the government. The question to be asked isn't 'why did we let them go', but 'what did they do after they left?'

Now that, I bet would surprise everyone.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when they are making a mistake."
    --- Napoleon

"MonkeySlap is a brutal b@stard." -- SevenStar
    "Forgive them Lord, they know not what MS2 can do." -- MasterKiller
    "You're not gonna win a debate (or a fight) with MST. Resistance is futile." - Seven Star