Thread: Converting my Basement into a Training area

Converting my Basement into a Training area

I would like to convert my basement into a training area where I can practice. I have tile floors so I'm going to need some type of padding or good carpet. Any ideas on a good carpet or mat for the floor. What are also some other useful training equipment that will be good. I practice Shaolin kung fu and san da.
    Last edited by blake; 02-07-2005 at 05:19 PM.

pullup bar and a heavy bag.

and for a "matt" to use to help cushion your falls, etc., i suggest this one.
    Last edited by rubthebuddha; 02-07-2005 at 11:55 AM.
    " i wonder how many people take their post bone marrow transplant antibiotics with amberbock" -- GDA

LOL. Has Furey actually given himself the title "Fitness and fighting GURU"? What a weirdo.
    Bodhi Richards

That's not the half of it. He also referes to himself as "World Kung Fu Champion". Whatever the hell that is.

http://www.mattfurey.com/weapons.html
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

Re: Converting my Basement into a Training area

Originally posted by blake
    I have tile floors so I'm going to need some type of padding or good carpet.
    If you have tiles you won't be able to put carpet down unless it's rubber-backed. I use thick rubber mats on my concrete shed floor for lifting, but it's expensive. I'd get some thinnish rubber to stop the slipping, then put some carpet on top of that. If it's a training area, you won't need the best carpet - find a house demolition and get old carpet, or go to a carpet warehouse and try and get scraps.
    "If trolling is an art then I am your yoda.if spelling counts, go elsewhere.........." - BL

"I don't do much cardio." - Ironfist

"Grip training is everything. I say this with CoC in hand." - abobo