Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pics of Mantis moves

Pics of Mantis moves

Anyone got any good pics of some mantis moves? Im trying to get some reference material (for my own study) with videos and pics but its hard to find the photos. Does any one think there should be a "sticky" thread for this? Just a thought.

Thanks.

Thumbs up Great Website

Try this website

http://www.babutanglang.com/main.html

It is for Eight Step Mantis, so depending on what style of Mantis you are looking for, it may not apply.

Like the animation thingie of bung bo. thanks guys

There are photos to some of our forms on our website.
    www.northernmantis.com
    朱 超 然 螳 螂 武 術 學 院
    Tony Chuy's Praying Mantis Martial Arts Institute
    http://www.northernmantis.com

Yep got that one already in my searching.

thanks for posting.

try www.kungfuusa.net we have some joint locks and still pics of some great throws, enjoy
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Smile

Thanks ED are those pics of your sifu? Ive never seen anything like that last shot of him healing a neck injury. Some good throws though. (just testing smilies)

Actually humble those pics are of me. My student is in the white uniform. Though he has only been with me for 8 years he is beginning to become quite good.
    As for the neck injury, when I was living in San Francisco I studied under Yen Chu Feng, I became her only american student and am still training under her to this day.
    The art is called Jin Gon Tzu Li Gong, qigong it is the art of shooting or projecting qi to heal ailments. Very highly respected in Beijing and considered one of the lost arts in the world today.
    Hope you have found enough sources for your project, be well
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

ive heard of people shooting chi but never seen it done. can it help with any physical pain or is it just for muscular strain? is it/was it part of your schol of mantis?

Earthdragon
    Sounds like medical qigong yes? Can you offer more onfo on it and your teacher?

Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

Humble one, actually it goes much deeper her than you think. My shrfu heals every diesease from cancer to bells palsey. Qigoing realigns the stagnation of qi in the body which is where disease comes from , we all have canerous cells on our bodies, it just depends on other circumstances why some peoples turn from benign to milignant.

Three harmonis,
    Yes it is medical as I am sure you knew.
    I dont know exactly what type of info you are looking for, but it is a high level skill. Not your average type of qigong, this is much more effective but much rarer. The stlye is called Jin Gon Tzu Li Gong. You probably wont be able to find any info on it as it has been kept quite secretive in China due to its outstanding healing properties.
    My teacher's name is Yen Chu Feng, But I have named her Angela since she lives with me at my home in the US. Her father was a famous scholar and was well know in Beijing for writting books on qigong and translating work from master's like Shu Ming. Her grandmother was the one who passed the skills onto angela and from a young age had many people line up at her door all day to get treaments. Since leaving Beijing she has been on several Japanese and singaporian TV documentaries almost like 20/20 here in the US.
    She has done seminars in 27 countires and frequently visits euorope, asia, and south america one a year to perform healings. Right now she is in Paris where she has over a patients 1,000 lined up to have the chance to recieve one of her treaments. Since our kismett meeeting in SF she has not returned to live back home but has stayed with me and just reacently we found her a house to buy close to where I live. Hope this answers your questions be well
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

As you may (or may not) know I am very interested in the healing side of the Chinese arts. This sounds very interesting, even more so since you mention she teaches seminars. Could you send me her requirements for a seminar via email or here on the forum?

Thanks
    Jake Burroughs
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

healing

My mother in-law goes to a qigong master in china(she lives in zhengzhou). He is in his 90's and his teacher is over 100. Last time she was here in the usa, her knees were so bad she could barely walk. Had to use a wheelchair in the airport when she left. She heard about this guy and started seeing him. After a little while with him working on her she is doing well and can go for long walks again.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon
    You probably wont be able to find any info on it as it has been kept quite secretive in China due to its outstanding healing properties.
    Would think for that reason it would not be kept a secret.

Nice photos, good action

Been meaning to ask this before, but always somehow forgot. In one of the photos, the index finger is pointing down while the rest of the fingers are in a fist. I have seen this many times before. I always wanted know how that is applied without injuring the index finger and what the finger is used for. Care to shed some light on that?

Is it ever used for striking?

Thanks

//mika
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men