Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Demons and Martial Arts

Originally posted by Goldenmane
    Okay, who put that other F in there?
    It's an old neuropsychology joke used to teach limbic system function.

in regards to original thread:

have seen it in my area as well. but, dont worry; he will get his. it will follow him through his generations. just sucks for your image in your town; sorry
    "...it is a lovely language, but it takes a long time to say aything in it...
    ...we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and listen to..."

Just tell everyone that you practice Angel Kung Fu. They will all love you.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Originally posted by PangQuan
    Just tell everyone that you practice Angel Kung Fu. They will all love you.
    I hate that show.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Greetings,

I hate coming in at the end of things. Does anyone know what he means by demons?

http://webster-dictionary.org/definition/demon

mickey

Originally posted by mickey
    Greetings,

I hate coming in at the end of things. Does anyone know what he means by demons?

http://webster-dictionary.org/definition/demon

mickey
    Without the instructor being known, its sorta impossible to say.

That said, its one of 3 or 5 things:
    -Its an Eastern thing, like Gene said, and part of semi-legit training
    -Its a Western thing and the guy is a heavy metal reject
    -Its a New Age thing and the guy is merely a fruit loop
    -Its a rumor and nothing at all is going on
    -Its a miscommunication; something is going on, but not *that*

I think I covered all possible angles.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Or maybe he's read Agrippa's fourth book of occult philosophy, where he discusses iron body training.

speaking of demons...

...Did you all catch the story today about the Catholic Church needing more exorcists?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Talking

They're running a course in demonology at the Vatican!

Originally posted by Kung Lek
    ...then start training martial arts without a speed addict with delusions...

That is the most likely explanation for such weirdness. Why in the world would anyone want to summon demons? If they don't exist, then the guy needs to get himself over to the meth lab for another hit of crank. Assuming they do exist, why the flying **** would you invite one to your party? If they are spiritual embodiments of evil, why wouldn't they just kick the crap out of and drink the souls of the people who first called them to the physical realm? Next up, "Cuddling with Scorpions."

"Run fast, run far!"

Please forgive my ignorance, but I have a few questions..

In what way is this guy summoning these demons?

If through meditation, is he asking them to hand over powers or take you over?

Most important - what are the demons names?

There are many Demons within the Taoist Pathenon that are not considered evil. They have been tamed and cultivated themselves in order to reach the lower heavens. These demons are not evil but need to be held in check, if not they still have a tendency to create chaos (Please note, that in Eastern thought, good and evil over lap each other and are not so definite as Western thought).

Please be careful, this could be very harmful if your teacher does not know how to control this. It sounds as if he is leaning towards an evil vibe, not the dark side. In Eastern (Taoist) thought the dark side would not be evil, if anything it would represent the Northern Heavens and Hsuan Tien Shang ti who rules and controls.

If you do not feel comfortable answering any of these questions then all I can say is - be careful - Blessings

Tao-an

LF

Serene Dragon:

there are several types of animistic shamanism that your teacher could be practicing:

-invoking the spirits of deceased masters/teachers. normally referred to as Filial Reciprocity. deceased lineage persons might be inclined to assist or instruct a descendant student.

-attempting to align oneself with primordial forces characterized by names, like in western sorcery/necromancy and middle eastern shamanism. this would be akin to trying to reach a platonic form and trying to recreate it in one's own material.

-generating mind-body linkages, which could be an extension of the former method using a western medical/scientific understanding.

-old fasioned possession. the teacher could have a social possession by noisy or hungy ghosts. somewhere in his meditations or travels he might have encountered something beyond his grasp that gained a foothold and is seeking satisfaction through him.

-or even he had an errant thought that he secretly wished to fulfill and it has permeated his basic social interactions in an attempt to communicate this subconscious need.

-and last but not least, he could be an emerging sociopath.

of my two teachers, one was raised by wandering monks and is full of belief in 'magic' and shamanism. the other is more conservative in his cultural understanding of 'spookie' things.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 02-24-2005 at 01:21 AM.

7 Star Method:

in my understanding of Taoism the 'demons' are as the immortals themselves: on a personal level they represent qualities of the human character which must be overcome to achieve release from suffering. monks who knew certain attitudes could produce certain benneficial effects would meditate on those attitudes to develop them through 'cultivation'. even 'bad' qualities could be put to good use in the appropriate situation. -?-

Serene Dragon:

there are several types of animistic shamanism that your teacher could be practicing:
    __________________________________________________ __________

I did not say this was my instructor/teacher. I said this was an instructor in my area. I am not associated with this guy in any way.

And just to elaborate on the facts, there was no miscomunication in what I was told. I was told what he was teaching by different students of his, not just one. And one more thing, there has been alot of his students that was checked into the psyciatric ward at the local hospital. I dont know if they was (disturbed) to begin with or if it came from his teachings. If I had to guess I would say it came from his teachings.
    The stronger you become in mind and body the more responsibilities you must endure.

well, sounds like he inadvertantly created hungy ghosts out of beneficent beings and children. that's why kids don't meditate in taoist circles: thier minds are still too weak.

if scientology was introduced to them the communist mind network could have serious psychological affects on youngsters and adults comming from conservative cultural backgrounds. scientology is an animistic system of invocation, possession, psionic development and ritual communism of experience. which i disagree with in principle. it's members suffer many psychoses and are introduced through group activities in prayer/meditation away from their parents generally.
    Last edited by YuanZhideDiZhen; 02-25-2005 at 02:59 PM.