Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Instructor Only forum

Hey whats wrong with being and instructor, and helping and being in high school. Thats what I am.
    "Whoever practices the snake style i'll fix em and fix em good."-Snake in the Eagles shadow"

"Hack The Gibson"

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    sure, I think one more division in the martial arts, whether it be on the internet or not wil definitely help with "get our heads together and promote the arts we love "

Yeah yeah. Just go over to the WC forum where everybody is an 'instructor' in the same way that everyone in McDonalds is a 'manager'.
    Peace and harmony for all.
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

shaolinjojo - no offense but it takes more then just knowing how to do it to be an instructor. If you're an assistant in class then ok, that's an entirely different thing but age counts for a lot when you're teaching.

Zim -

fu ragz I think added an instructors only area, where you need to get privs to get into the forum.
    practice wu de

Actually I bored everyone to death. Even Buddhist and Taoist monks fell asleep.....SPJ

Forums are no fun if I can't mess with your head. Or your colon...
    uh-oh, I hope no one quotes me on that....Gene Ching

I'm not Normal.... RD on his crying my b!tch left me thread

Thumbs down

I'm an instructor, and I think it's a crappy idea. If your teacher didn't inform you how to be an instructor and told you exactly how to teach... then sure, maybe an internet forum can give you alot. But me personally see no meaning in 'discussing ways of teaching'. If I wanted someones opinion or have questions on how to teach - I ask MY teacher.
    I guess there's exceptions though. If it were my school and I'm so ****ing clueless how to teach - sure. Or if my school is so open and infact is just a bunch of friends throwing some kicks then go grabs a beer - sure, great idea.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

It's not just about how to impart the material, for that your Sigung is the answer, you're right.

But there's school ownership, marketing, class/age divisions, insurance, how and if ranks are given and tested for, do you advertise, do you provide seminars outside the school, how do you handle competitions, liability, emotional issues within a school....

Nice to hear what works and what doesn't from people who have been there.
    The last thing I want to do is hurt you, but it's still on the list.

www.curious3d.com

Quote Originally Posted by norther practitioner
    fu ragz I think added an instructors only area, where you need to get privs to get into the forum.

that's the type of divisiveness I'm talking about.

just have a "teaching" forum - no need to exclude anyone from it, just keep it on topic.

If it's 'instructors only' then it's just an elitist ****-waving exercise.
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it

Ming Yue's point is exactly what I was talking about. So who can get this forum started?

Just as a side note, I have two teachers who I consider to be traditional and I look to them for help and guidance with my martial arts but teaching and running a school are very different. I don't really want to go down the blackbelt schools route but at the same time I would like to progress my teaching from a part-time hobby into a full-time activity so I currently take the best ideas from various sources.