Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: tekken 5 is out

Quote Originally Posted by FngSaiYuk
    Vash, do you happen to know what difficulty setting you played at? Also, what did you think of the many 'distance' attacks now? Or, did the computer not use them?
    I've owned Jinpachi at every level except Ultra Hard (Kazuya being the favorite of mine).

I'm not really fond of the distance attacks (except Devil Jin's - that one's okay), as I freeze up when I try to sidestep. Sometimes, I'd end up dashing into them.

I'm not really fond of the stuns, either. Though the Mishima style is rife with them, Jinpachi drops them out like a baby craps green.

And his attacks always take priority when he and player attack at same time. And his reach is sick.

Good thing I've got such skewls.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

I may check it out, but I've never been a tekken fan. When the original tekken and tekken 2 came out, I was playing virtua fighter 2. I like the more recent virtua fighter games as well.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    I may check it out, but I've never been a tekken fan. When the original tekken and tekken 2 came out, I was playing virtua fighter 2. I like the more recent virtua fighter games as well.
    Early on, the VF series was MUCH better than the Tekken series. As of T3, however, Tekken just became more fun. The fighting systems are fairly different, though, so you'll find few players that are REALLY good at both.

Too bad I don't have an XBox or PS2 ...

What are you waiting on? buy one... NOW!
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by SevenStar
    What are you waiting on? buy one... NOW!
    Heh, I still have training equipment to buy - I 'd rather spend the $$$'s & time on training than on playing games on the xbox/ps2. I no longer have the kind of time I used to when I was young & w/o responsibilities and could spend an hour or so a day getting really good at a video game.

i understand the money thing, but fighting games arent really about spending hours each day with them .... at least not after you have owned them more than a week or two.

for me at least, fighting games are a group thing. get as many people togeather as possible and pass the controller around. i cant remember the last time i played a figher alone (aside from the first week of owning any).
    where's my beer?

oh and hey ... kung lek .... do you play cs:s pretty often?

i been playing pretty much every night and would be all about hooking up. pm me or im me or whatever. i use trillian so i have accounts with all 4 major messenger progs and they are all listed right above.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnedDownAtrocity
    i understand the money thing, but fighting games arent really about spending hours each day with them .... at least not after you have owned them more than a week or two.

for me at least, fighting games are a group thing. get as many people togeather as possible and pass the controller around. i cant remember the last time i played a figher alone (aside from the first week of owning any).
    Dämn right. Last week I had a Street Fighter 3: Third Strike Tournament. I won even though it was on X-box and I'm used to the Dreamcast version. I rule
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

I noticed that it says that Ling Xiaou's styles is bagua (in japanese) and Wang's style is Xing Yi. For those who know, how accurate are they in the game?

For those who like Muay Thai, there is a thai boxer in the game (Bruce Irvin) that is dead on accurate. In fact its probably my favorite fighting game because it has so many real styles in the game, they even have a mma guy.

well there used to be a kid on the forums who mastered kung fu by playing tekken if that tells you anything
    where's my beer?

I think Lei WuLong does Choy Lay Fut boxing as well.

ill be playing it this weekend .... i would already have it but my birthday is coming up so im just gonna get it that way.
    where's my beer?

From what I've seen and played, Ling's style looks more like modern Wushu. And Lei looks like he's doing a 5 animal style. Wang I dunno.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

probably it's wushuesque bagua, I've seen Ling walking the circle and coiling alot,
    but i only know bagua thtat I've seen on video's and competition stuff.
    as for the hsing-i , going back to tekken 2 wang did alot of movements that resemble hsing-i, but I don't know if it works the same way in application...
    he did hit very hard though.

Jin Kazama looks very much like certain strains of Matsubayashi Shorinryu. When you watch his kata, 'specially in 4, you see parts of the Pinan (Tekki in Japanese) forms. Also some techniques from Goju, but different in application.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.