Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tai Shin Mun vs. Tai Shin Pek Kwar

Dai Sing Pek Gwa Myuhn (AKA Da Xing Pi Gua Men) is primarily a combination of two systems.

Dai Sing is another name for the Monkey King (he has many aliases). The system originated in Northern China when the army tried to forceably draft a Di Tang (ground fighting) teacher. The Di Tang shihfu resisted conscription and killed some people. They sent him to prison. Stuck in prison for many years, the Di Tang master supposedly watched monkies outside his window (? yeah, but that's the story) and developed a monkey system based on 5 distinct monkey types (stone, tall, wooden, lost and drunken)

Pek Gwa Myuhn (Pi Gua Men) is a fairly standard northern long fist style. The fact that Zink has NO basic kung fu is a strong point showing what a freak and clown he is... Pek Gwa forms the basis for the Dai Sing Pek Gwa Myuhn system, ie Gan Duk Hoi taught three basic Pek Gwa sets as the first three forms (Pek Gwa Fist, Pek Gwa palm and Pek Gwa leg). YC Wong learned teh three sets from Gan Duk Hoi. I learned two of teh sets from YC Wong (meaning I know more real Dai Sing Pek Gwa than Paulie Zink!)

Gan Duk Hoi's father was a Pek Gwa teacher. He then learned Dai Sing and merged the two systems. Less known is the fact that Gan Duk Hoi's father-in-law did Black Tiger, and thus some Black Tiger is in the system as well. Teh first broadswrod set taught is Black Tiger....

Yes, I am the repository of all sorts of trivial KF knowledge....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Oh, "pek" means "chopping" and "gwa" means "to hang up" - thus, Pek Gwa means to "chop and hang up" or "chopping and hanging"... it is descriptive of the sort of hand technique done in the system....
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Kewl

Y'all, thanks!

mika
    ”The freethinking of one age is the common sense of the next.” Matthew Arnold

Exercise Masters
    Potkua!
    Fen Lan Tang Lang Men

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc
    Dai Sing Pek Gwa Myuhn (AKA Da Xing Pi Gua Men) is primarily a combination of two systems.

Dai Sing is another name for the Monkey King (he has many aliases). The system originated in Northern China when the army tried to forceably draft a Di Tang (ground fighting) teacher. The Di Tang shihfu resisted conscription and killed some people. They sent him to prison. Stuck in prison for many years, the Di Tang master supposedly watched monkies outside his window (? yeah, but that's the story) and developed a monkey system based on 5 distinct monkey types (stone, tall, wooden, lost and drunken)
    Interesting. Di Tang is part of my system. Do you know the name of that Sifus name? How much truth do you think there is to this story?
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

Kao (Tze) sp?

i saw one of pz's videos. i felt like i was watching Mr. Rogers neighborhood.

Lol!

That voice is funny. Even funnier is that he apparently had to do it all in one day. As the video progresses, he gets sweatier and his voice starts to quiver. The techniques seemed almost made up on the spur of the moment.

Hi

Tai Shing Pek qwar is comprised of Tai Shing, Pek qwar, Black tiger, Grand earth, Chen Tai chi, Xing-yi, and Dragon Swimming Ba Gwa.
    The Pek Qwar has the Ying Yang fist and The 3 main Pek Qwar Hand forms which is 1 extra long form shortened to 3 there is different ways of doing the forms if you link them into the one long form. The Pek qwar part of the system is the core.

I do not Know about PZ so I can't help you with that however what I have seen of him Does not look like Tai Shing of Tai Shing Pek Qwar.

Hope this helps alittle

Quote Originally Posted by Starchaser107
    Which would probably explain why people buy those tspk videos and think they're getting a monkey form, and wonder why the forms they see on the tape look nothing like a monkey

let usa not speak of 9 continents staff ever again
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

i mean no disrespect towards the people that practice this art and are legitamate, but are the monkey noises really made when attacking? cause pz kinda sounds like a lunatic going into cunvultions when he make the noises.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

LIKE FROG IN WELL LOOKING UP AT SKY,THINKING SEE ALL WORLD. - truthman

Quote Originally Posted by gwa sow
    i mean no disrespect towards the people that practice this art and are legitamate, but are the monkey noises really made when attacking? cause pz kinda sounds like a lunatic going into cunvultions when he make the noises.
    Making stupid monkey noises has never been part of any money I've ever practised.

A single shout here or there, maybe. I've seen the occassional grunt. But going off like a howler monkey with its tail cut off is movieland hogwash.

There are people in the cma community that go as far as saying normal shouting while doing a form is incorrect and depletes chi. Not my opinion but I would say that if you come across anyone making animal noises while doing a form is either doing it for show or is ignorant. I haven't come across monkey yelling either.

i saw one tape ( not sure which one) were he does some kind of low sweep then jumps on the guy and does a bunch of punches with his fist upside down. the whole time he's screeming like a chimp being castrated. so funny i had to watch it over a few times.
    A BJJ player and notorious pimp, Da Big Deezy, in the Crenshaw district tried to "raise up" and "slap a ho" ..... I impaled him with my retractible naginata. I wish there were more groundfighters in the world. They make my arsenal that much more deadly. - john takeshi

Don't get me wrong though if you're in the process of kicking major butt and you feel so inspired to channel your inner forest creature nature spirit or whatever, then go for it!
    It's just not really taught that way though.

well then, i think i need to go and find my inner forest creature just like him.