Quote Originally Posted by Ford Prefect
Thing is even if he can't keep it standing, the guy is a monster on the ground. The first grappling tourney I ever competed in was some NAGA one in 2000. Kenny had a superfight that tourney and was a purple at the time. He tapped a black belt from Brazil. That was in 2000... He's had 5 years to get better and trained constantly. I have nothing but the utmost respect for anybody that hangs with him on the ground. I know Diego is good and MMA is a lot different from submission wrestling, but I'd still say Ken is better on the ground. The only hope for Diego is to get the takedown and then ground and pound. I don't think he'd be able to pass guard or maintain top position long enough if he did. Guess we'll find out April 9th if Diego makes it.
I've never seen Kenny fight until yesterday, so he could have a whole 'nother part to his game that I don't know about. And God knows I would be dropping a load in my pants if I had to fight him. And I'm sure you have a lot more experience w/ this sort of thing than I do. But I just think Diego has that 'killer instinct' and will use his size advantage to get Kenny where he wants him.

But then again, Kenny is tough, so he could probably take a good deal of GnP while he's still looking for the sub. I could see him using a similar strategy--Let Diego tire himself out sitting in Kenny's guard, and then capitalizing on a mistake when Diego is worn out.

That's the best part about the Ultimate Fighter--we can talk about what happens 'till we're blue in the face, but then we actually get to see it. And this is all assuming Diego beats Koscheck.

If Koscheck wins, I think Kenny will have a much better matchup. He's a better standup fighter than JK, and has a much better ground game. Even though Koscheck's a lot bigger, I just don't know what he would try to do. Slam Kenny and get back up, and repeat?