Thread: Green Dragon Studios

Threaded View

Green Dragon

I've written some long posts on Stone Warrior. You can search for them using the search feature

Can't seem to find them. But still looking.

The only vid I've seen of two "old school masters" fighting was these two old TMA guys circling around each other in a ring bonking each other on the heads with hammer fists. A first year MMA student could have mopped the floor with either of them.

I would doubt that the two combatants were "old school masters" as defined, with demonstrations (as they frequently do or did) by Tung Shen Chang, Chicoine, Feemon Ong, or Sifu Allen himself. Looking at and analyzing the combat apps given on tape following the forms teaching is one way to gain an idea of the "flavor" of how the "old school masters" (actually trained in the old ways as opposed to just what the ads say) actually fought (centerline closure; speed [half-second paradigm in evidence] and complexity of execution & technique; maneuvering; among several other considerations).

You are aware that Allen/Green Dragon has a quite extensive video library, going back years, of: some actual "old school style" tournament matches, Grandmaster Chang in action (and taking it more seriously than he often did in many demos), modern competitors (current "high level" people according to most mainstream estimates) which they are then able to show at work in a side by side comparison and contrast evaluation etc for teaching purposes?

Those areas seem to be their specialties

By their own statement the school "specializes" in: weapons training (all 72 classical Chinese weapons plus several others), rare or unusual advanced-level fighting sets, and authentic (ie able to produce the "fabled" internal power along with other qualities, for example atypical speed in execution\) Chinese power/strength inducing sets & programs.

Would be very interested to find your (IronFist) posts on the Stone Warrior. A friend (who has a much larger batch of varying tapes than I do) has been seriously into the SW among some other strength sets for several years (and has a background as a power lifter and Div I football player as well against which to intelligently gauge and appraise the benefits of such "isotonic" approaches using programs of progressive daily repetitions), we would both like to read about your insights and experieces with the Stone Warrior training.

thnx--lotus storm
    Last edited by lotus storm; 04-17-2005 at 01:42 PM. Reason: add clarifying punctuation, fix spelling