Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: No child left behind

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Fox
    Red, I ment no disrespect to you or to any other soldier. I support our troops. But I do not agree with the politics that started this war.
    I don't necessarily agree with the politics of the war either, however, it's possible to make this thing turn out better for all involved in the end if we do it right. It's too late to oppose it, it's all said and done, now it's time to figure out the best way to bring things around and get the Iraqi people on their feet without having to worry about the radicals taking control.

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    I don't necessarily agree with the politics of the war either, however, it's possible to make this thing turn out better for all involved in the end if we do it right. It's too late to oppose it, it's all said and done, now it's time to figure out the best way to bring things around and get the Iraqi people on their feet without having to worry about the radicals taking control.
    I with you on that.

ZIM: We started bombing Bagdad on March 19, 2003. Bagdad "fell" and we entered the main part of the city on April 9, 2003.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

ZIM: We started bombing Bagdad on March 19, 2003. Bagdad "fell" and we entered the main part of the city on April 9, 2003.
    Which no one suspected would be so quick. I'd bet the US Army counted on OJT to do the job of training them up for it- albeit at a much slower pace.

Gotta be on my way. ciao all
    -Thos. Zinn

"Children, never fuss or fret
    Nor let unreason'd tempers rise
    Your little hands were never meant
    To pluck out one anothers eyes"
    -McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

my mom drowns kittens.
    where's my beer?

Quote Originally Posted by red5angel
    Well said. At this point is history that is the most sensible way to approach it.

-Will
    Hippies can't stand deathmetal - Eric Cartman

Cat's foot iron claw
    Neuro-surgeons scream for more
    At paranoia's poison door
    Twenty first century schizoid man

Blood rack barbed wire
    Polititians' funeral pyre
    Innocents raped with napalm fire

Death seed blind man's greed
    Poets' starving children bleed
    Nothing he's got he really needs
    Resistance is futile, teh Clerus is done. He awaits for the end aknowledging its presence everyday. When it comes he hopes to feel like being in the womb again.
    I am not here at the forum therefore, got nothing more to say and cannot save anyone (me included).
    I know i can resist for a good while, uknown is the value of while. Impermanence might be the only truth to life.
    Bye, peeps

I agrree that it's not all about me or you but we (the American tax payer) is paying for this war and what is the benefit, if any, to anyone?[/url]
    Shiites and Kurds, that is -- the majority of the Iraqi population, get to live without torture and genocide. Does that count as a benefit?

Gee, that cool! When can we look forwards to that for the States?

To live without torture and genocide? You already do.

True. Everybody in Iraq has a family member touched by Saddam or his sons, and in a bad way. I read an estimate of how many Americans would have to be killed or tortured to be proportionally equal to the number done by in Iraq under Saddam - 3 million was the estimate.

Just to be sure I'm not assuming anything: How many people do you know who've been killed and/or tortured by the Gov't, TonyM.?
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

“We are at a crossroads. One path leads to despair and the other to total extinction. I pray I have the wisdom to choose wisely.”

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher M
    Shiites and Kurds, that is -- the majority of the Iraqi population, get to live without torture and genocide. Does that count as a benefit?
    I guess I'll just have to take your word for it. I suppose will be spending another 300 trillion dollars to stop the suffering in Africa next.
    Check out my wooden dummy website: http://www.woodendummyco.com/

I guess I'll just have to take your word for it. I suppose will be spending another 300 trillion dollars to stop the suffering in Africa next.
    Sure will! Everybody *must* have a space program! And free health care! And if you can figure out another way to move the goalposts, just throw it out here, why don't you?
    -Thos. Zinn

-McGuffey's Reader

ستّة أيّام يا كلب

"a couple ex soldiers told me this. the army trains you how to kill, but doesnt train you how to stop. is that true man? "

No its not rue, we have objectives, we accomplish them. Then we move on to the next job, maybe take another objectice, protect an area or set up an intallation.

The Army does not "Train Killers" they train people to do their jobs and act responibly.

Something most non military people dont know is it is ilegal to give or follow an ilegal order.

So if your commander orders you to do something illegal, if you follow that order you will be prosecuted.