Thread: James Cama's Fut Sao Wing Chun Demo Park Slope/Sunset Park Brooklyn

James Cama's Fut Sao Wing Chun Demo Park Slope/Sunset Park Brooklyn

On Sunday May 15th James Cama Sifu will be demonstrating for Tip Top martial arts supplies. Located on 5th Ave. off 9th St. Brooklyn (Park Slope/Sunset Park) Demo time around 2:00pm.

Heeeey that's right near might hunting grounds lol.....I think I'm going to check that out!

I did a demo in front of Tip Top martial arts with my guys at the May event three years ago. Hope James Cama doesn't have the same problem I did...the bar next door had a live heavy metal band outside blasting away while we were doing our demo (live music was NOT supposed to be going on - but the bar did it anyway)...

The guys at Tip Top actually gave me an electronic megaphone to try and talk to the crowd over the music...but it didn't work out too good.

Although the demo itself went well.

Say hello to James for me - as we know each other many years.
    Last edited by Ultimatewingchun; 05-10-2005 at 05:51 PM.

Man, I hope that doesn't happen this time as I have not even gone close to a demo in a loooong time. The last time I saw a demo was for Chinese New Years like two years ago. It was in Mott Street in front of the BLT supplies store and they (the group that was there) did a lion dance...it was my first exposure to such....then they went to a quick martial arts demo with a whole array of different weapons. Fun stuff I tell you.

If I can get near James then consider it done.

Todays the day!

Have a good one, Sam.
    - kj
    "It's all related." - me

Tip Top Demo

James Cama Sifu would like to thank William from Tip Top and my buddy Biggie Bigs Mike Abitabile for asking him to perform. Mike did beautiful Go Ju Ryu forms and Bo staff and sword. Cama Sifu did an improvised Southern Fist set, Batt Jam Butterfly Swords, Sticky Pole, Knife Defense, Cane, and Blind folded chi sao on chairs. Special thanks to Peter Bonet and Angelo Quinto. Thanks to Mark Krivoi and family. Also Elton.

Man, too bad I had to miss that demo....**** parking ggggr LOL......I was really looking foward to that. From the looks of the broken bricks and boards there must have been some serious stuff going on. At least I got to meet James Cama. The man has a very jovial disposition it was a pleasure of meeting him.

Ultimatewingchun....James Cama says hello, btw.

Then I went into Tip Top to buy some stuff and as I came out I saw a familiar face. It was my former instructor from years back....Michael Militano. It was such a pleasure to see him again after so many years. I stood there for a bit listening to some interesting stories and a bit of wing chun knowledge from him. Overall not a bad afternoon.

I wish I had seen this thread b4 today.
    Also I didnt know there was a martia larts store in park slope but it makes sense since there are quite a few schools in the area.
    [i]Originally posted by [Censored]

And I would never ever train at any cult school with a "wall of shame".