Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Episode III (Spoilers, Questions & Answers)

Quote Originally Posted by BM2
    Anakin built C3PO yet he never acknowledges knowing him in the first trilogy. Obi Wan says " I don't recall ever owning droids", C3PO and R2D2 did not acknowledge knowing him in IV.
    Could that be cuz they had their memories wiped? At least C3PO did.

So of all the Jedi in the council, is/was Yoda the strongest?

After EP 6 is Luke like the last Jedi ever then? I heard that 7-9 have been written but George Lucas says he's done directing Star Wars movies. True?

JP thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist
    1. Why did General Grevience cough? Robots can't catch colds. Wasn't he a droid or something? But maybe not cuz he had a heart or something. What's the deal with him?
    Like Jp said.

When the chancellor used his lightning powers to blast the black Jedi (I can't remember his name), why did it turn him all old? Is shooting lightning only a "dark side" power?
    All trained Force sensitives can use any power. Jedi choose to use the Force for only knowledge and defense; Sith use the Force for for power and aggression. WHy did it turn him old? The dark side corrupts you physically and spiritually. Anyone notice Dooku's teeth? Yuck.

2.5 Does Yoda know how to do that? He seemed to be able to shoot lightning when he was battling the chancellor in that big discussion room.
    They all know how to do it. Choosing to do it is a different matter.

What is the deal with Qui Gon learning how to achieve immortality or something and he's coming back to train with Obi-Wan Kenobi? That's never touched on in episode 4, is it?
    In EP II, when Anakin chops up the Tusken Raider babies, you see a shot of Yoda meditating and hear Qui-Gon's voice saying "No No." Basically, Anakin's behaviour is soooo evil it shocks Qui-Gon back from the dead. That's how Obi-Wan and Yoda learn to maintain their identity in the Force in IV, V, and VI.

Did the whole movie take place in 9 months? She went from being pregnant in the beginning to having her babies at the end. I would have guessed the movie took place in 2 weeks, not 9 months.
    She was 6 months pregnant at the beginning. Anakin had been away fighting the Clone Wars for a long time.

Most of the movies take place over a 3 to 8 month period. Space travel can take weeks or even months. For example, in EP IV, the ride to Alderaan takes 6 weeks, but it looks like it takes about 1 day on screen.

Did Padme die because of when Anakin was choking her with the force? Or was it cuz she "lost her will to live" like the nurse robot said? I assumed it was the former cuz at the end they told Darth Vador he killed her with his anger.
    Padme died of a broken heart. She lost the will to live.

If Wookies can only make that growling noise, how can they have names like "Chewbacca" or whatever that other one whose name Yoda mentioned was named?
    The univesal language is called Galactic Basic. It sounds a lot like English to you and me. Those pronounciations are wookie translated into Basic.

Did/do the Jedi ever find out that the reason Anakin turned to the dark side was originally to be able to save Padme's life? So it's like even tho it was a bad thing, he did it for a good reason, so it's not completely bad, right?
    Wrong. From the Jedi's perspective, death is natural. Stopping it unnaturally is bad, m'kay?

Plus, attachment is bad. Jedi are removed from the parents no later than 2 so they won't form strong bonds.

Anakin's attachment is so strong he murders thousands of his colleagues just to keep one person alive. That, in the eyes of the Jedi, is bad bad stuff.

How come, when fighting IN SPACE, damaged ships still fall back down to the planet? Were they not out of it's gravitational pull yet?
    dramatic effect.

A civilization that has mastered interstellar travel and can give you synthetic limbs that can respond to feeling and touch the same as normal limbs can't muffle the breathing of Darth Vador's suit?
    They didn't master interstellar travel. Another race did a looooong time ago and built all the hyperspace travel lanes. They just know how to use it.

Why do the dark side and the light side (good side? what's it called?) have different powers? How come only people on the dark side can do things like keep their friends alive? Why would the Jedi choose to only study part of the force?
    They don't. It's all the same. It what you choose to do with it that makes you good or bad. Palpatine's story that convinces Anakin to turn is a lie.

In the beginning when Anakin jumps back into the elevator and Obi-Wan turns on his lightsaber and then goes, "oh, it's you" and turns it off, wouldn't he have been able to feel through the force that it was Anakin without having to see him? I thought they could do that.
    Maybe he was preoccupied.

How can humans understand R2D2?
    You can't?
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 05-22-2005 at 01:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BM2
    Anakin built C3PO yet he never acknowledges knowing him in the first trilogy. Obi Wan says " I don't recall ever owning droids", C3PO and R2D2 did not acknowledge knowing him in IV.
    Vader never sees C3PO in the OT, except in ESB when he's in 20 pieces. Besides, he looks like any other protocol driod. There's a bizillion of them walking around. Vader even has a black one.

And Obi-Wan didn't own R2. Anakin did. R2 knows Obi-Wan in EP IV. He knows excatly where he's going to find him. That's why him and C3P0 argue at the beginning of the movie about which way to go.

Could that be cuz they had their memories wiped? At least C3PO did.
    That's why C3P0 doesn't know who Luke is, or Obi-Wan, etc...

So of all the Jedi in the council, is/was Yoda the strongest?
    Not at this juncture. When he was young, he was bad @ss. Right now, Mace is the billy bad @ss of the Jedi Council.

After EP 6 is Luke like the last Jedi ever then? I heard that 7-9 have been written but George Lucas says he's done directing Star Wars movies. True?
    False. He didn't write anything more after EP VI. He's offically decided some of the Expanded Universe novels are episodes 7-9, but he didn't write them. I figfure one of his kids will eventually resurrect the franchise, though, so who knows.

Luke is not the last of the Jedi. He opens a school at the Massassi Temple on Yavin 4 (the base in EP IV), and trains a new generation of Jedi. They, however, are different from the Jedi of old because Luke basically made stuff up as he went. The Emperor destroyed everything he could about the Jedi.

Plus his kids, along with Leia kids, are pretty powerful.

Also, there are lots of other Force Sensitives running around, not Jedi, but capable of using the Force. The Emperor establishes a policy of killing all Force sesnsitive children, but it's a big galaxy and some slip through the cracks.

Whats the background story on Yoda? I know...nothing about him, come to think of it.

Am I the only one who got the Commander Cody reference?

Supposedly GL included a deleted scene form E4. Was that supposed to be Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Willif Tarken at the end?
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

7. Did/do the Jedi ever find out that the reason Anakin turned to the dark side was originally to be able to save Padme's life? So it's like even tho it was a bad thing, he did it for a good reason, so it's not completely bad, right?
    But he wasn't even supposed to be involved with her in the first place, isn't that correct? So weren't all of his "reasons" really just "rationalizations" & deceptions of one kind or another? Wouldn't he have been kicked out of the Jedi once they knew of his fathering the twins and the forbidden relationship with Padme?

How come, when fighting IN SPACE, damaged ships still fall back down to the planet? Were they not out of it's gravitational pull yet?

dramatic effect.
    Works as dramatic effect, but it is still true that the ships---some of which are 6 miles long, hence of tremendous mass---like any thing in orbit around any planet, even a pebble and smaller, would begin to fall back to the surface once orbital velocity or the propulsion system driving or "levitating" it was lost or engines damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by rogue
    Supposedly GL included a deleted scene form E4. Was that supposed to be Peter Cushing as Grand Moff Willif Tarken at the end?
    Yeah, that was Tarkin. I love his character. I wish they would have developed a younger version of him for the PT.

I don't know what deleted scene he could have included. The only set even resembling EP IV was the Corellian Corvette that Bail Organa uses at the end. It's the same ship (Tantive IV) that Princess Leia is in at the beginning of EP IV.

I think the Tarkin footage was from the first movie and they doctored it to make him younger. I think it's the kind of homage Lucas would do.
    I quit after getting my first black belt because the school I was a part of was in the process of lowering their standards A painfully honest KC Elbows

The crap that many schools do is not the crap I was taught or train in or teach.

Dam nit... it made sense when it was running through my head.

DM

People love Iron Crotch. They can't get enough Iron Crotch. We all ride the Iron Crotch for the exposure. Gene

Find the safety flaw in the training. Rory Miller.

can somebody explain to me how lord sideous was able to currupt the entire clone army in order to execute order 66?

so luke skywalker is to the jedi what sin thé is to the shaolin?
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Ok, so I had some questions after watching it cuz I'm not too familiar with the specifics of the series.

1. Why did General Grevience cough? Robots can't catch colds. Wasn't he a droid or something? But maybe not cuz he had a heart or something. What's the deal with him?

2. When the chancellor used his lightning powers to blast the black Jedi (I can't remember his name), why did it turn him all old? Is shooting lightning only a "dark side" power?

2.5 Does Yoda know how to do that? He seemed to be able to shoot lightning when he was battling the chancellor in that big discussion room.

3. What is the deal with Qui Gon learning how to achieve immortality or something and he's coming back to train with Obi-Wan Kenobi? That's never touched on in episode 4, is it?

4. Did the whole movie take place in 9 months? She went from being pregnant in the beginning to having her babies at the end. I would have guessed the movie took place in 2 weeks, not 9 months.

5. Did Padme die because of when Anakin was choking her with the force? Or was it cuz she "lost her will to live" like the nurse robot said? I assumed it was the former cuz at the end they told Darth Vador he killed her with his anger.

6. If Wookies can only make that growling noise, how can they have names like "Chewbacca" or whatever that other one whose name Yoda mentioned was named?

7. Did/do the Jedi ever find out that the reason Anakin turned to the dark side was originally to be able to save Padme's life? So it's like even tho it was a bad thing, he did it for a good reason, so it's not completely bad, right?

8. How come, when fighting IN SPACE, damaged ships still fall back down to the planet? Were they not out of it's gravitational pull yet?

9. A civilization that has mastered interstellar travel and can give you synthetic limbs that can respond to feeling and touch the same as normal limbs can't muffle the breathing of Darth Vador's suit?

10. Why do the dark side and the light side (good side? what's it called?) have different powers? How come only people on the dark side can do things like keep their friends alive? Why would the Jedi choose to only study part of the force?

11. In the beginning when Anakin jumps back into the elevator and Obi-Wan turns on his lightsaber and then goes, "oh, it's you" and turns it off, wouldn't he have been able to feel through the force that it was Anakin without having to see him? I thought they could do that.

12. How can humans understand R2D2?

Alright, thanks.

PS. There's no sound in space. Even Star Trek is guilty of this one, though. Besides, watching space battles in complete silence would be kinda boring

I haven't been around all weekend, so I haven't read this thread yet, but I'm betting that MK has already answered all these. If not, I'll try to fill them in.
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller
    False. He didn't write anything more after EP VI. He's offically decided some of the Expanded Universe novels are episodes 7-9, but he didn't write them. I figfure one of his kids will eventually resurrect the franchise, though, so who knows.

Luke is not the last of the Jedi. He opens a school at the Massassi Temple on Yavin 4 (the base in EP IV), and trains a new generation of Jedi. They, however, are different from the Jedi of old because Luke basically made stuff up as he went. The Emperor destroyed everything he could about the Jedi.

Plus his kids, along with Leia kids, are pretty powerful.

Also, there are lots of other Force Sensitives running around, not Jedi, but capable of using the Force. The Emperor establishes a policy of killing all Force sesnsitive children, but it's a big galaxy and some slip through the cracks.

What I heard is that there WAS originally going to be a 4,5 and 6 (7,8 and 9), but that for some reason, GL condensed them all into ep 6.

As for luke being the last jedi, he was at the time, but remember in ep 6, before yoda died, he said "pass on what you know, you must"
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller

Wrong. From the Jedi's perspective, death is natural. Stopping it unnaturally is bad, m'kay?
    yeah, like yoda said "be not said when someone passes - no. mourn not. Be happy that they have returned to the force" - or something to that effect.

They don't. It's all the same. It what you choose to do with it that makes you good or bad. Palpatine's story that convinces Anakin to turn is a lie.
    I thought about that... what if it wasn't a complete lie? perhaps the sith had stumbled upon the same technique that yoda and qui gon had? I know he wouldn't have bothered to ever teach it to anakin, but perhaps he did have the knowledge.

-Charles Manson

- Shonie Carter

Thanks guys.

I haven't seen 4, 5, or 6 in a while, but I don't remember the word "Sith" ever being said in those movies. Am I correct?

Also, is a Site just like a Jedi but of the dark side? It's not a race, right?

And what is the opposite of the dark side? They never mention it by name, do they? The good side? The light side?
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.