Thread: NYC AREA Throwdown

NYC AREA Throwdown

Looking to set something up for this Sun. and the Sun. of June 12th.

Anyone interested please post if you can make it and for what date. We usually start at noon.

Well, we may have 3 including myself for this Sunday. WOuldn't mind having some more company. Come on guys, it's supposed to be a crappy, rainy weekend anyway and ya have all day Monday to lick your wounds or walk around like a champ.

What's with all the throwdowns lately? Are there no competitions in NYC right now?
    i'm nobody...i'm nobody. i'm a tramp, a bum, a hobo... a boxcar and a jug of wine... but i'm a straight razor if you get to close to me.

-Charles Manson

I will punch, kick, choke, throw or joint manipulate any nationality equally without predjudice.

- Shonie Carter

I actually haven't had one in a while, like a month. And that one doesn't count even because my friend didn't press record so it was all for naught.

I think there is actually some San Da stuff going on soon but to be honest, what I'm doing now is a lot more fun for me: Don't have to worry about guys cutting weight or conditioning for multiple rounds with gear .... just show up, pick someone and see what we both got.

I like the pressure free environment and I'm learning a lot facing guys who do all different kinds of things. I'm trying to set something with a student of ninpo for this Sun. as well as a traditional Ryu guy.

I have been traveling so I haven't trained much the past week so I have to start focusing. But I'm learning a lot about my body and how best to prepare mentally and physically (eat, sleep, etc.) for a fight in short notice.

For example, I find I'm at my best between 10:a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 05-24-2005 at 01:05 PM.

Let me know if this sunday is a definite or the 12th, will be ready to go

We have 3 confirmed fighters showing up for this Sunday .... I'm booking the space tomorrow morning.

Also, looks like we'll have a good crowd for the 12th. These guys say they may want to roll, but my primary objective is to have a few NHB runs.

hi
    question about these throwdowns? i have seen alot of these lately, are these full contact matches? sparring? what level of experience you need to be? and how much control do you show while doing these throwdowns?
    If a pipe hits you and no one is around, would you make a sound?

It all depends what you are looking for. You can usually find someone to match up with to play on the ground if you want, etc., etc.

I'm looking for someone to match up full contact but respect the tap. There are no rings or money involved, so you do your best and if it gets heavy just tap, take a breather and try again with soemone else, or with the same guy in a little while.

It's very non structured, do what ya want type of thing.

Space has been rented for this Sun., 12 noon at Fight House .... 122 W 27th St.

Anyone interested, please arrive on time.