Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gonna be a cop, Hooray for me!!

Sorry DragonzRage, that was pretty ill-mannered of me on your thread... shoulda said congratulations man.

Nice one!

Mat,

Reread my post. I apologize if I didn't make it clear enough. I did not participate in those things, but it what was being taught by training officers.

That being said, all the cops I WORKED WITH, no matter how scummy in general, were all over any situation where something bad could have happened...gun, knife, High Speed Pursuit, etc...

Never seen one back down from a conflict...
    ------
    Jason

--Keep talking and I'm gonna serve you dinner...by opening up a can of "whoop-ass" and for dessert, a slice of Lama Pai!

God gave us free will. Therefore he is pro-choice.

Smile

Congrats. Watch your back and be nice to the peeps.

True, most officers are not gonna wimp out, but there is always the case of the perp getting away because the officer on site was waiting for back up instead of taking matters into their own hands.

I know it can be dangerous and I know most times you are much safer to wait for the back up but often times that one minute it takes for back up to show, you can lose your man.

I have family in several branches of law enforcement/military.

But I trust you will be a good cop. Most martial artists that get into police work tend to be pretty gung ho.

Be safe, be smart, but most importantly be a bad ass!

Good job on though, seriously. If i had the degree I would have done the same.
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Thank you my kung fu friends. You know why i read this board even tho I don't do kung fu? because y'all are so dang cool

PQ,
    Everyone wants to be safe and come home alive every night. No one should be reckless or have too much "tombstone courage". But there are definitely times when a cop should be expected to put himself in harm's way for the greater good. Those who might not be willing to... simply shouldn't be cops. But rest assured, I'm going into this business to kick a$$. So I hear what you're saying and I agree. cheers

Thumbs up

Hey man, congrats!

One of our instructors is a Brookline cop, he's a great guy.

My old karate/jujitsu sensei from when i was a teenager was a cop too. He was the official instructor for the police dept there. Now that guy had some modern-day war stories of regularly applying the stuff on the street in nasty situations! His moto was "pain = control"

Oh, and now that you'll be on patrol, please don't bust the balls of motorcyclists, our insurance is high enough as it is... (just had to get that in there )

Best of luck with it!