Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Scrima Tournament Videos

Nick Scrima Tournament Videos

Hi y'all. I've been lurking for quite awhile and decided I would join the forums .. so hello to the people that I know (you know who you are)

If you're like me at all, you scour the internet looking for MA videos and rarely find anything new ... well I shot some video at Nick's recent tournament and I thought I would share it with anyone who is interested.

On my website is a Wah Lum logo that links to a page where I will put these videos. As of now, I just have the Lion Dance from the opening ceremony, but as I find the time I will put up more videos (If anyone is interested)

I went to the tourney to shoot my fellow Wah Lum students, but I did shoot a wide variety of other styles as well ... but I am not familiar with most of these, so as I add them to my website, feel free to contact me if you know the person doing the form or the style and I will try to add that information.

Also, if you ARE the person doing the form, and you do not wish to be on my website, please let me know and I will remove your video as soon as possible.

Videos are at:

http://www.veeneman.us
    -- john

" When people have nothing more to lose,
    Then revolution will result."
    --Lao Tze

Let us know when some forms or sparring is up there. I'll take a look.
    I, Chang Tzu dreamed i was a butterfly. Now that I wake I do not know if I am a man who dreamed of a butterfly, or a butterfly dreaming I am a man.

More videos added

Ok, I've added a few forms videos ....

A double broadsword form
    A drunken form
    A monkey form
    An unknown form
    and a Whip Chain form

stay tuned for more .......
    -- john

--Lao Tze

Unknown form == Baji Quan with some Pigua mixed in it I think
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

Thats some good video there. Nice one.

I did enjoy the whip chain. That was vastly better than mine. Must put some more practice in.

Cheers

Thanks for posting the vids! Very nice, but they all look wushu-ish too me no?? Were these traditional divisions?
    The unknown form is Baji, I believe he is doing some version of Da Baji with a few extra moves added in (at least in reference to how I learned it, for what it is worth). No Piqua. Again he looked like a wushu player. Moves were Baji, but no power, no expression of Jin. No spinal rotation (kind of important in Baji). Looked pretty though.

Thanks again,
    Jake
    "Gravity doesn't lie, and the ground never misses."
    Jake Burroughs
    Three Harmonies Chinese Martial Arts Center
    Seattle, WA.
    www.threeharmonies.com
    three_harmonies@hotmail.com
    www.threeharmonies.blogspot.com

All of these videos were of traditional divisions ... there were wushu divisions at the tourney, but I didn't shoot any of them ....

fwiw
    -- john

--Lao Tze

Jake...so those large swinging down palm slashes weren't a pigua include?

I knew it was Baji, but some of the motions didn't look like Baji I've seen before from Tony Yang in Ohio.

Cool... thanks for the clarification!
    Message: Due to the ongoing Recession, God has decided the light at the end of the tunnel will be shut off due to power costs. That is all.

I think the monkey and drunk forms were in the open division. Not sure about the rope dart but I did see that guy do his form and it was very nice. As for the Baji guy not sure what his back ground is but can tell you his division sat waiting around all day and he most likely didn’t have his energy levels up enough to perform at his norm. I think they should let the old men go first. I mean it was almost time for my nap by the time I was up. Anyway those are really good vids look forward to seeing more. Good job Vman still think you deserve a Nobel prize for your work. Do you have any Mantis clips?

Peace…
    fm
    RibHit
    “Being fast is fine but accuracy is everything.”
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

One more thing I did a seminar with Tony Yang what a cool guy, and an awesome form. Lots of good stuff that weekend. Just for the record they are planning on having it at the same place same time next year.

fm
    RibHit
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

More videos added

Ok, I've added a few more videos ....

A couple of 2 handed swords, a monkey stick, a spear form, and a young guy doing a nice mantis form ... i wish I'd started when I was younger .....

http://www.veeneman.us
    -- john

--Lao Tze

Quote Originally Posted by Frogman
    Just for the record they are planning on having it at the same place same time next year.

hehehe. funny stuff frogman ....
    • pingpong •

"what goes out comes back at you"

Thanks for posting the video!

I have to admit, the only one I have used the "save as" function for so far is the kid doing Bung Bu

It wasn’t meant to be funny, but you can take it how you wish.

fm
    RibHit
    Wyatt Erupt
    Feeling jumpy!!!
    Thread Killer...>>>
    Tommy M

I agree on 3Harmonies statement. it all looks wushu - ish. The double broadsword was really disappointing. A lot of Butterflykicks but no really doublebroadsword techniques ...

I saw this kind of non traditional - traditional forms a lot. Just a catch for the eyes but not really helpful in developing some basic understanding of kung Fu, IMHO.
    If you can´t change the world - change yourself!
    And if you can´t change yourself: change YOUR world!
    ---
    My YouTube Site