Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Calculus for wing chun "Steiner Point Theory".

I think you should check again to see if your Steiner point is that defined in mathematics. The steiner point is quite complex in its geometric construction and is often located outside the vertices of the triangle.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH
    The steiner point is quite complex in its geometric construction and is often located outside the vertices of the triangle.

You’re 100% on the money!!!

There is many different ways to use the “Steiner Point",, not just with triangles but with oval shapes,, octagon and many more different varieties of shapes…

The "Steiner" Point is always within a shape when you first learn the concept,, specially before going three dimensional… To put this with bio-mechanic,, I must come as simple as possible,, with basic understand or fundamentals dealing with this concept…

I learned or was introduce to the “Steiner Point",, using only the triangles,, that’s why I’m using the “Steiner Point",, within my fighting system,, because triangles was the first shape I was taught to use in this concept (“Steiner Point")...

That’s why when you see a diagram of the “Steiner Point" triangles is always in the middle of the diagram,, because it is usually the first shape you work within that concept ("Steiner Point”)…

It is the easiest shape to understand this concept with,,
    and it works well with my fighting structure,, the triangle...

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com
    Last edited by Ali Rahim; 07-26-2005 at 05:30 PM.

“Steiner Point”

By all means this is not the “Bible”… just another opinion that I have first hand experience in,, nothing more…

My recipe is only for my students,, and my hospitality is there for those who wish to have a plate…

The key to this whole concept is to keep it simple as possible and do not complicate things,, so “everyday people” such as myself,, can understand it…

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com
    Last edited by Ali Rahim; 07-26-2005 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Rahim
    Are you implying that most common folks are ignorant?? Shame on you…

All Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com
    Not me! But it might be ignorant to assume that every wing chun person is a student or prof of mathematics at W.S.U. in Detroit Michegan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Rahim
    “The key to this whole concept is to keep it simple as possible and do not complicate things,, so “everyday people” such as myself,, can understand it…

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com
    So you use advanced calculus to teach it? Its okay if you do, its just really funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh
    Not me! But it might be ignorant to assume that every wing chun person is a student or prof of mathematics at W.S.U. in Detroit Michegan.
    I'm sorry,, I think you misunderstood... LOL!!!

Doc said:

But the wing chun, I’m not sure of, for I’m a beginner in Aikido. What he speaks of is totally correct.

He indicated to me (doc),, that one of his buddies seen this on this forum and that he (doc) should check it out ,, and he was impressed!!! (Via e-mail)...

Ali Rahim.
    Last edited by Ali Rahim; 07-27-2005 at 05:54 PM.

Your theory has some tactical merits, but it would be better to avoid confusion with the Steiner point of the Swiss mathematician.

I think you should check again to see if your Steiner point is that defined in mathematics. The steiner point is quite complex in its geometric construction and is often located outside the vertices of the triangle.
    I looked up a little about it and it looks more complicated than the drawing in Ali's link. I wonder how long it would take to calculate real Steiner points while your in the middle of a fight.

The key to this whole concept is to keep it simple as possible and do not complicate things,, so “everyday people” such as myself,, can understand it…

keep it simple.

keep it simple.

keep it simple.

I learned or was introduce to the “Steiner Point",, using only the triangles,, that’s why I’m using the “Steiner Point",, within my fighting system,, because triangles was the first shape I was taught to use in this concept (“Steiner Point")...

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com
    Last edited by Ali Rahim; 07-26-2005 at 06:06 PM.

I looked up a little about it and it looks more complicated than the drawing in Ali's link. I wonder how long it would take to calculate real Steiner points while your in the middle of a fight.
    A tenth of a second or way less If you choose to receive and work with the understanding or info:

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com
    Last edited by Ali Rahim; 07-26-2005 at 08:00 PM.

So you use advanced calculus to teach it? Its okay if you do, its just really funny.

It’s always good to laugh,, nothing wrong that…

Check this out… I’m so happy,, I mean real happy… Because I went and bought a brand new,,, 2005 Mercedes Benz,,, windshield Wiper Blade… Now I can wipe
    my black as* off!!!

I don’t feel that most people are dumb as you think they are,, I give credit to anyone learning the simple fundamentals of this concept,, the “Steiner Point”…

which is this,, "Bang"!!! Now if they can’t understand that,, then they are really dumb for real…

Ali Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com
    Last edited by Ali Rahim; 07-27-2005 at 06:39 AM.

It seems to me, that the replies that you have on this thread, are replies that did not review all of your posts carefully. Mainly from those who don’t have any background on this subject. What brings me to that conclusion is that, no one discussed the Stiner Point in greater detail such as in a way that you did. It is true that your simple definition of fundamentals dealing with the Steiner Point is correct. No funs intend, but you seem to put a bad taste in people mouths dealing with this subject, because how simple can you get. You must be the “Bad Guy” on this forum.

Ray

http://www.css.tayloru.edu/~bbell/steiner/

Ray,

Check out the Steiner point for an equilateral triangle and compare it to Ali's. I hope it meets your academic standard.

http://www.css.tayloru.edu/~bbell/steiner/

Ray,

Check out the Steiner point for an equilateral triangle and compare it to Ali's. I hope it meets your academic standard.
    LOL... LOL... I knew this was coming,, someone would go on the internet and show a diagram that is to complicated to understand for beginner and don’t understand it themselves,, stay with the fundaments,, once again which is this…
    THE VERY BASIC OF THE BASICS

LOL... It almost seems to me that they think I have no education in this background… Well,, I do fit the profile,, LOL…

Ail Rahim.

detroitwingchun.com
    Last edited by Ali Rahim; 07-27-2005 at 01:47 PM.

Just wish to state thing as it is. It's important to know the classical definition before we can interpret them with other also valid assumptions.

P.S. The beauty is that there is a hidden simplicity in complexity or order in chaos. It's highly educational if not entertaining to know the other hidden side in all phenomenon under the WC sun. Here is another valid graph of the classical steiner point.

http://faculty.evansville.edu/ck6/tc...s/steiner.html
    Last edited by PaulH; 07-27-2005 at 02:07 PM.