Thread: Score !

South FL. Which is not to be confused with any part of the USA

Score !

so, I work at a private school and was moving in a new piece of equipment to the high school weight room and the AD told me I could have an old set of dumb bells and a cable/stack machine.

so, today, I scored a complete set of the cast iron dumbells, 15 - 90 lbs., including the dumbell storage rack.

and, a machine that has the stack weights connected to cables that I can do lat pulldowns, curls and tricep extensions on....

now, I just need to figure out where to put all this stuff in my 860 s.f. school.....
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

"Is enlightenment even possible? Or, did I drive by it like a missed exit?"

It's simpler than you think.

I could be completely wrong"

Hey Oso, those dumbbells can be put to a very good use in terms of hand strengthening. Cut the handles off say a 55 or heavier one and pinch the remaining blocks over the top and hold it, or curl it, or cleans or whatever. Trust me you will not be dissapointed. You only have to cut one and if you've got pairs it shouldn't be too big of a deal.
    A unique snowflake

not sure that's cost effective...i could find something just as heavy to work with if I was worried about hand strength.

I could also just use, say a 20 pounder to do what you are saying w/o destroying a perfectly good dumbell.

thanks though
    "George never did wake up. And, even all that talking didn't make death any easier...at least not for us. Maybe, in the end, all you can really hope for is that your last thought is a nice one...even if it's just about the taste of a nice cold beer."

"If you find the right balance between desperation and fear you can make people believe anything"

Nice, dude. That stuff is expensive. Good deal.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Trust me it is not destroying the dumbbell. It will add value to it in the benefits you will reap in your training. But hey, I suppose you can curl them and have fun too.
    A unique snowflake

pics......

Sweeeeeeet...

Awesome. I'm jealous.

thanks, guys.

there's too many pullys though...I hung a 40lb heavy bag on the pulldown loop and i had to set the machine pin at 90 before it wouldn't pull the weights up....so it'll be good for my students....

I'm thinking I can start doing drop set type work w/ my pullups....a set of bodyweight pullups immediately followed by some lat pulldowns on the machine with the full stack (ostensibley '150') till I fail...

but the dumbells are sweet to have...not pictured are the 80 and 90 pound dumbells...I can go back to doing shrugs again...

I've never seen a lat pulldown station with no seat before.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

yea, I know, it probably wasn't intended for lat pulldowns...I just sit on the floor.

it doesn't have enough weight to be one either...I think it was just a tricep extension and bicep curl machine.